Trai Rule not being followed by DTH Operators in some cases

dino29

Reaction score
TRAI Price Protection Rule

despite taking advance rental packs, in airtel digital tv a customer does not get the new channels added to the respective monthly packs. Like i took advanced rental ultra may 2012 pack and after that airtel added many new channels after that like discovery kids, travel trendz, nat geo wild, nat geo adventure, zee action, zee news up, news x, nick junior but out of that only nick junior and travel trendz was made available in in my advance rental pack despite this being the fact that all these channels were made part of monthly ultra pack at same charges of Rs 405 per month. When i asked cust care about this then they told me that u should upgrade to september version of advance rental pack to get all channels, now this is really funny that a customer has to upgrade pack each time even if he has taken advance rental pack just few months back and is in middle of subscription period of the advance rental pack just bcoz new channels are only available in newer version of the advance rental pack. it is nearly impossible for any customer to keep spending money every few months for new version of advance rental pack and i request u to plz make new chs available in all previous versions of advance rental packs corresponding to what new chs r added in respective montly packs.Atleast this benefit should be given to advance rental pack customers, if suppose u add nat geo wild and nat geo adventure in mega pack then customers who have taken say earlier version of advance rental mega pack should get these channels in their pack.Only airtel has this problem, all other dth ops add new chs directly in advance rental packs corresponding to whatever new chs they add in respective monthly packs

Also in monthly packs in airtel digital tv, one does not get new channels added in the base pack unless he or she upgrades to latest version of the pack.Like there is a ultra september 2012 version pack and if suppose i take this pack on december 2012 then as per TRAI rule a customer should get all new channels added in ultra pack at same rate for 6 months but in airtel one has to upgrade to newer version of the pack to see new channels and pay more

In videocon d2h u get all new channels added in respective base pack/addon at same price from six months since u took that package/add on, videocon d2h gives price protection for six months in monthly packs/add on by giving credit in ur account for the differential amount of price increased and in advance rental packs too u get all new channels added in ur respective pack till ur Long term pack expiry

In tata sky too u get price protection in monthly pack for six month since u take that package as system charges u the old price for add on or pack for all this prios and in long term pack till expiry of the long term pack

TRAI Safe Custody/Temporary Suspension Rule

airtel has withdrawn option to keep stb under safe custody for more than 30 days. I find it even strange that now airtel has decided to charge Rs 30 for this service. Why did airtel make this decision, when TRAI has mandated every dth operator to give this option for free to all customers for 90 days in an year, why is airtel charging for it and secondly not giving option to keep account under safe custody till max 90 days which we all want
Earlier gave this facility twice every six months for each stb for a period
of 90 days

Tata Sky gives this facility for 15 to 90 days, once in a year and charges Rs 20 for it when it should be given free

Videocon d2h gives this facility absolutely free once in year for a period of max 90 days thus they follow this rule of TRAI absolutely well

We as customers should be vigilant and protest against operators not giving us our right as a customer

Dino,it will be better if you post trai rules for safe custody ,adv. pack in 1st post.

dino29 said:

but nowhere it is written that safecustody is freeof cost.

for ur 1st point-
The DTH operators have been prohibited from changing the composition of their subscription packages during first six months of enrolment to the subscription package or during the period of validity of a prepaid subscription package, whichever is longer.

airtel is cheating in this regard but no rule is violated

Many guidelines are made by TRAI..;but they are sleeping as if they can't see anything....just like one mandatory option of TRAI is for every DTH ;they should made open type STB to watch FTA channels for their customers;but no DTH follow it....:wall

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock