Good News TRAI wins the tariff order case against Star in Supreme Court

• Thread starter Shubh
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1,725
  • Views: Views 231,049
It's like u r living in a society and decide to hire a bus service for regular transit in set route, transport operator would normally charge Rs. 100 per person per day for it but if u tell him that we are willing to enter a 3 year deal then his per person daily rental will substantially come down. This same thing happened between dth operators and broadcasters earlier but this safety net is not allowed now hence broadcasters will now price their product purely on subscriber feedback or demand.

This might sound like expensive on the surface. But the flip side to this is that we should never face any blackouts. The deals between DPOs and broadcasters are now transparent. This is already visible by massive additions of HD channels to their platforms by relatively small cable operators all across India.

Overall we are able to view our favourite channels at more or less same price now too but in actual many other channels provided before in similar priced base packs have also been omitted which hardly matters.
This is what you said and it's distorting the facts.
Brother, i am not distorting facts or blindly favouring new order. I had clearly said that more or less price remains same, for some total cost would have gone down while for majority others it may have remained same or increased a little. You misunderstood the real gist of my statement.
I don't think I misunderstood anything here. I clearly understand what you said and I disagree with it. You should go to the TRAI Twitter handle and read the user comments and see the backlash. If you define 100 rupees increase per month is little, I can't say anything. And again I don't have any problem to support the new order. But currently, it's not beneficial like TRAI expected it to be. They are saying TV bills reduced where as CRISIL report clearly states it increased for most people. TRAI ridiculed the report BTW.
Right now what is causing increase in bill for users like u is the fact that various broadcaster bouquet need to be selected to get access to our favourite channels, these broadcaster bouquet still contain many channels which we do not watch but are adding to additional NCF cost too.
The NCF isn't the issue here. I don't consume 100 channels NCF including HD. The pricing of Al-a-carte is the problem. I can take bouquets and NCF still stays in the 1st slab, however the monthly price will be higher. There's no way a user can get benefited with the new regime in it's current form unless they restrict so much of their TV viewing to may be 5-6 channels. And the small percentage of people whose bill might have been reduced either fall under this category or they were paying HD access fee.

All I'm saying is CURRENT form of this order increased the bills for most users rather than lessening it or keeping it same.

Last edited:
cyWItFv.png
F09Jyo0.png
bf5RSRV.jpg

Star value pack SD price is Rs. 49 and HD price is Rs. 85 just double. so this is a worst strategy by star. price should be reduce in HD

They want people to watch SD pack so Amir khan only saying this pack and no mention of minimum 85 for HD users
HD channel viewers are considered as rich and educated I guess. That's why theres no mention of it in any ad.

We should not blame TRAI or Govt. they were trying to do their best but these Network are the one bcoz of which our monthly rental is increasing.

We should not blame TRAI or Govt. they were trying to do their best but these Network are the one bcoz of which our monthly rental is increasing.
star and sony SD and HD rate difference is double. they need to think it again and reduce some price

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock