Good News TRAI wins the tariff order case against Star in Supreme Court

• Thread starter Shubh
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1,725
  • Views: Views 230,729
In its letter, the MSO accuses TRAI of keeping silent on the issue of pay TV channels for which MRP is being shown on various illegal/non-permitted OTT IPTV platforms i.e. HotStar, Sony Liv, Zee5 and Voot. It said they do not have any permission granted by the Central Government to provide IPTV or OTT IPTV services and they are also not registered as DPO by the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.

After TRAI order comes into effect. if one needs to watch 20 HD channels

Will he have to Pay Rs 130 base pack + 20 HD x Rs 19 (380) = 150 ???

Or will there be HD addons for cheaper rates like Rs 50-60

Cable/DTH service providers can offer HD PACKS across all broadcasters as per MRP with discount (Aprrox. 35%)

After TRAI order comes into effect. if one needs to watch 20 HD channels

Will he have to Pay Rs 130 base pack + 20 HD x Rs 19 (380) = 150 ???

Or will there be HD addons for cheaper rates like Rs 50-60
In my view we can directly choose channels per our choice without subscribing to base pack
10 HD× 19 = 190 pm

No. We need to pay service provider for accessing up to 100 channels is Rs.130 (Network capacity fee) + GST is must.

Mostly it benefited to service providers with Network Access Fee Rs.130 + commission on pay channels (20%).
Bcoz Major Broadcasters are Service Providers in India (STAR/SKY, ZEE/DISH & TV18/Reliance Jio)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock