Good News TRAI wins the tariff order case against Star in Supreme Court

• Thread starter Shubh
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1,725
  • Views: Views 230,724
But the channel rates are now for alacarte channels tatasky is asking rs60 for starsports1
New rules are good for subscribing single channels over FTA base pack.
But if that pack contains only 100 FTA channels then we don't need to pay & if it contains pay channels also then we have to pay for them separately. So, it's not necessary to pay 130 every month. It depends on DTHs which kind of channels they provide in that pack.
This is what I understood. Correct me if I am wrong.
We can choose any pack. If we choose pay we pay the cost of channel over Rs.130/- So anyway we have to pay 130/- minimum

No you can make your own alacarte package for minimum 172 rs per month after 31 December in all Dth at new prices :)
According to TRAI chief, alacarte price is no more fixed but minimum rate is Rs.130 + Tax.
Also currently no dths.offering free to air channels free in ala carte packs after the new rule we will get all fta channels in.rs 130.base pack
Not all FTA . Just 100 channels for 130. After that you have to pay around Rs.25 for every extra 20 channels.

Last edited:
DTH and cable companies have to declare their tariff structure — including the base charge as well as the end-user price of each channel, in 180 days
Now its turn of DTHs to announce their Ala-Carte & basepacks details. Hope it'll be cheaper than what broadcasters have kept.

Despite SC's verdict, Trai tariff order issue shifts to Delhi HC

“The challenge (by DTH operators) is mainly on the basis of quality of service to be provided as laid out in the Trai order, which they (DTH players) say is not workable,” said Kunal Tandon, an independent lawyer and legal expert.

“In a sense, the battle now shifts from a broadcaster-centric issue to a DTH-centric one, even though Discovery Networks (which runs the Discovery channel) has also challenged the regulation and tariff order (in court),” he said.

I think Tata sky appealed. Wrong step by Tatas, lost money in Telecom, try to earn money from Dth.

This case is an year old.Bharti Telemedia,Tata Sky,Discovery are among the appealents.All India Digital Cable Federation as an impleader is supporting TRAI.Dish TV and Videocon d2h are also impleaders.

Past hearings had been repeatedly listed forward because of ongoing cases in Madras HC and Supreme Court.It would be interesting to see how this case proceeds from here.

What about independent TV?
We don't have all channels in the list itself!
We can't buy in bouquet since all the channels are not available.
We already paid for long term, what about that?

This case is an year old.Bharti Telemedia,Tata Sky,Discovery are among the appealents.All India Digital Cable Federation as an impleader is supporting TRAI.Dish TV and Videocon d2h are also impleaders.

Past hearings had been repeatedly listed forward because of ongoing cases in Madras HC and Supreme Court.It would be interesting to see how this case proceeds from here.
Now TRAI with Subscribers vs TATA sky with Airtel.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock