TV channels viewership decline after new TRAI order implementation

Acc to article
Star is 30 %
Viacom 10%
Sony 8%
Sun 10%
If we add all this then its equal to 58% nd acc to article top5 broadcasters shares are declined from 90 to 78% means zee shares are 20%
Here big loosers are
1.viacom from 15% to 10%
2.sony from 14 % to 8%
Star nd zee only decreased by 1% in comparison with last april to this april

Meanwhile more people are watching shows online. It's broadcasters who are to blame. My parents only watches shows from Sony. They air repeats of the shows at odd time. Or skips airing repeats. Hence they end up watching on Sony Liv. Comedy Central speeds up shows. History TV 18 airs random episodes of shows. How can you expect people to watch it? I only watch news and sports on cable. Watching WWE on TV also gives seizure. I don't know what ancient technology Sony Ten 1 and Sony Ten 1 HD uses. It gets stuck in between. There is also one two random black screen in an hour. Sometimes even broadcast gets stuck. Post World Cup we might give up cable.

Brother, try and share ur feedback regarding various issues with social media pages of channels concerned, also if no response is received or steps aren't taken to sort out concern then tag senior people from these channels in ur message or tweet. I do so since a long time & let my suggestions , views reach them

This usually helps in getting issue resolved or broadcasters taking note of improvements expected in different areas. Have had positive experience in most cases barring History TV18 where neither channel has reverted back nor senior people associated with it have acknowledged receiving feedback. History TV18 has programming issues, even some transmission related problems are there but sadly nothing can be done.

Acc to article
Star is 30 %
Viacom 10%
Sony 8%
Sun 10%
If we add all this then its equal to 58% nd acc to article top5 broadcasters shares are declined from 90 to 78% means zee shares are 20%
Here big loosers are
1.viacom from 15% to 10%
2.sony from 14 % to 8%
Star nd zee only decreased by 1% in comparison with last april to this april
This is because zee packs r cheap and star due to IPL

Star is much better placed to arrest viewership decline. They have high value content. Sony will suffer most as nobody is watching their huge sports offering

Actually its all about what is there on top of priority list of viewer, what they have to spend to get it and how much they can extend budget to fulfill all needs.

Many people r still choosing channels on standalone basis which escalates cost, also those choosing bouquet end up spending quite an amount for each broadcaster thus making networks like Sony which r low on subscriber list bcoz of few popular channels suffer major setback. Most people would have just chosen Sony or Max on standalone or getting it by opting basic operator bouquet. It's not a simple matter to decode, preferences change for different network across genres and misinformed people r making choices which aren't the best possible.

Actually its all about what is there on top of priority list of viewer, what they have to spend to get it and how much they can extend budget to fulfill all needs.

Many people r still choosing channels on standalone basis which escalates cost, also those choosing bouquet end up spending quite an amount for each broadcaster thus making networks like Sony which r low on subscriber list bcoz of few popular channels suffer major setback. Most people would have just chosen Sony or Max on standalone or getting it by opting basic operator bouquet. It's not a simple matter to decode, preferences change for different network across genres and misinformed people r making choices which aren't the best possible.

Sony should look into content quality. Sony Aath is a rubish. They should learn something from zee or star and focus on other regional also beside hindi

STAR can still afford to decline; they make profit with HOTSTAR as well and they have all their content on Hotstar as well. Same goes with ZEE for ZEE5.

Elections are helping these channels earn some money in these 2 months. This will be followed by the world cup which will trigger some substantial ad revenue to some channels.

It would be interesting to see how all these channel pricings will pan out starting august when ad revenues will start falling apart for some of these uber expensive channels.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock