TV gives actresses life after films: Juhi Chawla

M@zh@R

Reaction score
x37mzb.jpg

Mumbai: Whether it's Preity Zinta, Shilpa Shetty, Raveena Tandon or Madhuri Dixit, many of Bollywood's top actresses have made their presence felt on the small screen and the medium gives them a career choice after films, says Juhi Chawla, who is returning to the tube.

"The fact that TV gives me life beyond films is what I find very interesting. It keeps you in circulation. In earlier days, for an actress, it was the silver screen and after that nothing because there were no avenues. Today at least we are in a world where there are avenues, where you can enjoy yourself, still being an actor, still being a celebrity but lending yourself in other ways," Juhi told IANS in an interview.

Heroines in Bollywood do not enjoy too long a career span as opposed to male actors. But Juhi feels TV has given them an option.
The 43-year-old is herself quite active on television. She was earlier seen as a judge on dance reality show "Jhalak Dikhla Jaa", and will now host "Badmaash Company", a children's chat show that will go on air on Colors Sep 17.

According to Juhi, celebrities' perception about TV has transformed too.

"About 10 years ago, we thought that television is not a thing to do, but now there is such a burst in the media, TV is in almost every home, the viewership is massive, so it's great!

"Also, now so many other film personalities have taken a plunge in television. From Amitji (Amitabh Bachchan) to Hrithik Roshan...everyone is there. It's very acceptable now and you can use it to your interest," she said.

"I don't have to do television if I don't like anything. I would only do it if I like something, but the fact is that I have a medium now that I can utilise," added Juhi, who is stepping into the shoes of an anchor for the first time with "Badmassh Company".

The mother of two children - Jhanvi, 10, and Arjun, eight - explained that although the show was challenging, she thoroughly enjoyed being a part of it.

"It's a very refreshing concept and it's such a sunshine kind of show you could watch it in the worst of your moods and it will make you happy. In this show, the kids are not told what to say and what not to say; so sometimes what they say is so amusing. So I really enjoyed it.

"But at the same time, it was challenging because some kids are shy, so you need to get out the fun moments out of them, that's difficult because I needed to keep the conversations going," said the actress, best remembered for films like "Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak", "Bol Radha Bol", "Hum Hain Rahi Pyaar Ke", "Daraar" and "Yes Boss".

Juhi says patience was a much-needed virtue for the show.

"I had to be very patient. There were moments when I used to get really exhausted after continuous talking and anchoring and I needed my own space for some time, but even at that time, the kids used to come and play with me and ask me questions and click pictures; so there were those moments that I used to get very tired and irritated," she recounted.

But Juhi says her experience with her own kids helped her deal with it.

"I could do this show because of my kids. Because of them, I can deal with other kids. A couple of years ago, I wouldn't have done a show like this because I wouldn't have been able to handle kids, but now I know I can do it and enjoy it."
Source: IBN

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock