Unable to get LNB signals simultaneously in multiple STB using LNB Splitters

Mani_Ragh

Reaction score
Hi Friends,

I am using C band and Ku band dish Antennas and using the Diseqc to send the signals to STB. it was working fine. Recently, i bought another STB for another TV and tried LNB out from the first STB. I got the signals and dine the scanning. Now, when I switch on the first STB few channels are not getting signals in the second STB and vise versa. Hence i bought a LNB splitter and send the signals directly from Diseqc instead of LNB out from first STB. The same problem exist. I have changed the wire as well ..tried all the options. Could anyone help me to resolve this issue?

When using diseqc switch there will be signal loss around 3db so weak signal will not work
All you need is dual or quad band lnb so you can connect upto 2 to 4 stbs directly without need of diseqc switch or spillter.
Dual port lnb (ku band)
Buy 2 Port Ku-Band Low Noise Full HD LNB for Multiple Set Top Box Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in
Dual port lnb (C band)
Buy Solid CB-2 C-Band Dual Polarization with Dual Output LNBF Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in

Last edited:
The issue is that the polarity selected in the first STB, you will be able to watch the same polarity channels in second STB. Either horizontal or vertical. Also from the same satellite which the primary STB is working on. Solution is either a DiSeqC switch with two outputs or dual LNB in each dish with two DiSeqC switches.

is there any option to boost the db without using 2 port ku/C band LNBs? The reason for asking this question is that I want to share the LNB signals to around 5 STBs within 100 mts surrounding. Probably the experts could help me in this case.

May i know the cost of the product? In case, if you have any picture , please send it to us?

is there any option to boost the db without using 2 port ku/C band LNBs? The reason for asking this question is that I want to share the LNB signals to around 5 STBs within 100 mts surrounding. Probably the experts could help me in this case.
Amplifier will only improve signal strength but will induce noise as well. But it will not eliminate the issue of not getting channels on the second STB. DiSeqC switch is designed to transfer only one polarity signal at a time.. If you add splitter in between, LNB power in one of the STB to be switched off. It is used to switch the LNB polarity from H to V / V to H. It is same when you loop out. It has to be switched off in second STB.

Amplifier will only improve signal strength but will induce noise as well. But it will not eliminate the issue of not getting channels on the second STB. DiSeqC switch is designed to transfer only one polarity signal at a time.. If you add splitter in between, LNB power in one of the STB to be switched off. It is used to switch the LNB polarity from H to V / V to H. It is same when you loop out. It has to be switched off in second STB.
Great Explanation.....what i understand from your comment is that we don't have any other option. Probably we can eliminate Diseqc in between and use the splitter only to receive the signals from one LNB, not both the LNBs. Hope this works. Please correct me if i am wrong.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock