DTH updates Update Regarding HBO HD channel subtitle issue

Do you mean to say HDMI as a whole or HDMI ARC bro, coz if its ARC then it can be box based issue.
Not ARC, as a whole.
No No Working Perfectly For Me!

I Have Checked Via ARC & Optical Also

Only stereo is working on HDMI for me bro, when I select Multi channel it doesn't produce any sound whereas stereo/multi channel works on Optical.
Bro your surround speaker volume problem solved or nor
No it's not resolved, it won't be!

Check in STB settings if Audio via HDMI is OFF. Try a different HDMI cable and see.
If still doesnt work then, either ur model of STB doesnt support it, or has some issue
I don't think there is such setting in Sun Direct. It's either stereo or multi channel. Stereo works, so there is no issue with the cable as well. It must be an issue with the box.

New issues popped up on this N series box.

1. Multi channel audio doesn't work on HDMI (With the box I got)
2. Pressing up/down arrows doesn't show the next channel's EPG, instead it switches channels like CH+/- button. I find this very irritating

There is a good thing too

1. The black UI on this box is much better than the light grey UI on the newer series boxes.

So, those who are looking to replace the box for HBO HD subtitles, you have been cautioned about the issues. Chose wisely.

So, those who are looking to replace the box for HBO HD subtitles, you have been cautioned about the issues. Chose wisely.

Thank you for the caution!

Could you please write a mail to the nodal team, informing them that the N Series boxes replaced for getting HBO HD subtitles are introducing new issues?

If enough of us write to them, may be they would consider doing an OTA Update to resolve the subtitle issue for all HD STBs.

Switching back to an older STB model (N Series) does not seem to be an ideal solution to me anyway.

Ok I think I found the issue with hdmi output. This box seems to support only Dolby Digital Plus on HDMI out when multi channel is selected. When I give the input to TV directly, the sound is coming. My home theater doesn't support Dolby Digital Plus, it only supports Dolby Digital. This explains why audio doesn't come on my home theater when multi channel on hdmi is selected. The issue is only with HD channels, normal channels are fine on HDMI too because they are not Dolby Digital Plus. @Vadirocks bro, Please confirm you are using a home theater that supports Dolby Digital Plus.

Another important thing I found with subtitles on HBO HD. The subtitles on this channel are soft subtitles. On the N series box, we can turn off the subtitles on this channel using the OSD option in menu. I think this option is not working on the U and Y series boxes which is why subtitles aren't shown at all on those. I think this can be fixed with a software update.

The nodal team called me this morning, I told them about the audio issue. They are sending the technician now with Y series box and a HDMI cable. He will check with that cable and if it still doesn't work he will replace the box with Y series box.

Ok I think I found the issue with hdmi output. This box seems to support only Dolby Digital Plus on HDMI out when multi channel is selected. When I give the input to TV directly, the sound is coming. My home theater doesn't support Dolby Digital Plus, it only supports Dolby Digital. This explains why audio doesn't come on my home theater when multi channel on hdmi is selected. The issue is only with HD channels, normal channels are fine on HDMI too because they are not Dolby Digital Plus. @Vadirocks bro, Please confirm you are using a home theater that supports Dolby Digital Plus.

Another important thing I found with subtitles on HBO HD. The subtitles on this channel are soft subtitles. On the N series box, we can turn off the subtitles on this channel using the OSD option in menu. I think this option is not working on the U and Y series boxes which is why subtitles aren't shown at all on those. I think this can be fixed with a software update.

The nodal team called me this morning, I told them about the audio issue. They are sending the technician now with Y series box and a HDMI cable. He will check with that cable and if it still doesn't work he will replace the box with Y series box.

Bro I Can't Find Any Options To Change From Dolby Digital Plus To Dolby Digital!

So sun direct becomes first dth to bring this feature subtitles turn on or off😎😊

So sun direct becomes first dth to bring this feature subtitles turn on or off😎😊
They were, Yes. But it's a buggy implementation. Also, channel needs to support it. Currently only HBO HD supports it.

Another disadvantage of N series box is poor picture quality. It's clearly visible on my 49 inch TV on both SD and HD channels.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock