Good News Upgraded to HD Box

How you upgrade @350 or any additional charge

@GAURAVKUMAR bro, Just want to share a instance, when I called cc regarding HD upgrade she told Rs 599 will be charged then I told her it's Rs 350 for customers older than 5 years she refused and told no it's 599 for them also, when I received call from engineer he confirmed me it's 350 only, airtel cc doesn't have correct information.

Rs 200 is replacement charge and Rs 150 visit charge, Rs 200 will be debited from your account.

Last edited:
DTH companies won't make this public but reality is that quality of STB (except Tata Sky HD PVR) being given by all operators isn't exactly excellent. These are having cheap korean or chinese parts which can't perform best in any aspect. Gone are the days when Tata Sky offered Thomson or Airtel offered Homecast which costed more but gave great user experience. So brother u have to live with it, people at large need to come out of this mentality where they expect all things at low price and invest/insist on better quality durable options. What's the point of paying less upfront and then keep incuring expenses on repairs or replacement. Unfortunately that broader sense of view is missing and unnecessary noise is made when faced with inconvenience. In 90's or early 2000's we used to get 29" CRT TV at 15 to 20 thousand rupees and never complained, those tv functioned for 10 or 15 years. Nowadays though electric parts cost less , taxes have increased but to offer chinese products is not the correct thing to do. DTH operators should give us different stb models to chose from based on our budget

Last edited:
Gone are the days when Tata Sky offered Thomson or Airtel offered Homecast which costed more but gave great user experience.
Yes, I have used the Homecast SD STB of airtel from November 2010 to February 2018. It's built quality & PQ was much better than current Technicolor HEVC box.

Bapun bro , where has ur post vanished in which u raised doubts about Tata Sky's forthcoming new android stb? Has it been deleted?

Bapun bro , where has ur post vanished in which u raised doubts about Tata Sky's forthcoming new android stb? Has it been deleted?
Bro, i didn't posted that post in this thread but i quoted your post from this thread to other thread as i didn't wanted to turn this topic off-topic.

Here's my post -> General News & Discussion About Tata Sky

You can also easily view posted threads / replies from user profiles too to find any post you posted.

Last edited:
Bro, i didn't posted that post in this thread but i quoted your post from this thread to other thread as i didn't wanted to turn this topic off-topic.

Here's my post -> General News & Discussion About Tata Sky

You can also easily view posted threads / replies from user profiles too to find any post you posted.

Okay Bhai. Was so busy in posting replies across threads that i didn't notice that u had quoted post taken from here in GD Thread. Did go to check replies in profile section but thought that i must have posted about Sony issue in GD Thread hence didn't click to confirm. This happens when one is multi tasking and short of time, will be more careful in future

I have Technicolor box & I am not having any HT. I have kept the settings to Stereo & get low audio on HD channels & high audio on SD channels.
When I change the settings to Dolby then audio increases on HD channels but need to keep the TV remote for adjusting volume.
It's the opposite on my box. I think it's because of the HT. When we have HT and keep the setting on Stereo, the volume is much louder. But on TV, it looks to be opposite. May be, if there is a Dolby option on TV it works the same way as on HT. If not, it behaves a bit different.

As for the volume control, you can just keep the STB volume on high (Assuming you kept the setting on Stereo) and pair the Volume buttons with the TV remote so that you don't need to keep the TV remote.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock