Good News UTV HD added by Tata Sky

• Thread starter Sagar
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 28
  • Views: Views 19,703
Tata sky launched Utv hd,,,but it is not DD sound quality,why?
First: TS didn't 'Launch' UTV HD, it's launched by DBIL.
Second: TS themselves can't have DD sound unless broadcaster (DBIL) provides that.

UTV Movies is part of My99 base pack but still Tata Sky is not providing its HD feed even after subscribing to HD Access Fee. Not a new trick played by them, previously too they excluded Cineplex HD in a similar way & for viewing erstwhile Ten Sports HD one had to take the complete TEN bouquet which ultimately was changed when separate HD feed for each channel was launched by Sony. What's the point of HD Access Fee when they simply alter the terms as per their liking?

Right now many Sony Channels have been removed from platform but still they haven't reduced pack or add on price neither they arw voluntarily processing refund. Above that they have mentioned on website that at any later stage if one has added HD Access Fee to their account then he/she will not get corresponding SD feed of the channel in their subscription.

Honestly this is called deceit & lying. Many of you are appreciating them for adding new HD channels but reality is that they are playing it unfair. Whenever i interact or enquire with any broadcaster about addition of their channel with Tata Sky platform, all of them state that Tata Sky charges hefty carriage fee & even if deal is signed launch date is mostly delayed. I guess channels like 9XO are being denied platform bcoz they are siding with a big rival broadcaster to keep the former out.

I hoped that Zee & Indiacast too should have fought with them & ultimately churn in subscriber base + massive fall in revenue would have led them to mend ways. Just bcoz one has brand value that does not give anyone the right to wrongfully supress others

. I guess channels like 9XO are being denied platform bcoz they are siding with a big rival broadcaster to keep the former out.

@dino29 broNo channels can be denied as per rules of TRAI I was surprised when Tata Sky released the notice of 9XO removing from the platform in fact it was removed long time ago. Tata Sky was having the same problem with Masti but they are carriage fee channels and if you pay according to Tata Sky rate they have to be carried compulsorily according to rules.It means it looks somewhere they are given in a package where the issue occurs.I am closing this here as it is not relevant to the thread.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock