The new ViacomCBS network is here

• Thread starter Aksgr
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 91
  • Views: Views 21,211
What movies would Viacom try to acquire? Star will keep Fox and Star movies. HBO will keep Warner movies. Sony will keep Sony movies. They will also try to get MGM movies. Left is Universal movies which other than Minions and Fast Furious have zero repeat value. I don't even know why we need more movie channels when everything is already available. Future of movie channels are bad as the internet is getting cheaper. And OTT services are getting affordable.

What movies would Viacom try to acquire? Star will keep Fox and Star movies. HBO will keep Warner movies. Sony will keep Sony movies. They will also try to get MGM movies. Left is Universal movies which other than Minions and Fast Furious have zero repeat value. I don't even know why we need more movie channels when everything is already available. Future of movie channels are bad as the internet is getting cheaper. And OTT services are getting affordable.
Bro Viacom has one of the biggest movie production house paramount pictures. And Nickelodeon movies. Also CBS also has some movie production house.
Source

Last edited:
OK we are discussing about Indian channel what if the merge fails?🤣😂
It's like remarriage for divorced pair😅

Currently the Viacom 18 (say colors) is owned by Reliance tv 18(51%) and Viacom (49%).So Reliance have a crucial role in the company.If this merger happens then the entity in India will be backed by 4 powerful companies-Reliance,Viacom-CBS-Discovery with a lot of resources.I think this is enough for the birth of a right competitor for Star India in all aspects. Discovery will keep infotainment genre safe,Colors channels are leading in Kids,English entertainment, comedy and music and they are exploring regional markets.After this merger we can expect a movie channel from them.Then about Sports-Actually now there is no competitor for Star in Sports(Sony is a lazy player).Now a days Star is exploiting this situation.So post merger the new company can launch sports channels and aquire rights with the help of Reliance easily.Also if Discovery joins them TV 18 may break deal with History and FYI(partially a Disney property) and they may rejoin Star Family.D sports should shut down IMO and another brand should be introduced like 'CBS Sports' etc.

Last edited:
Currently the Viacom 18 (say colors) is owned by Reliance tv 18(51%) and Viacom (49%).So Reliance have a crucial role in the company.If this merger happens then the entity in India will be backed by 4 powerful companies-Reliance,Viacom-CBS-Discovery with a lot of resources.I think this is enough for the birth of a right competitor for Star India in all aspects. Discovery will keep infotainment genre safe,Colors channels are leading in Kids,English entertainment, comedy and music and they are exploring regional markets.After this merger we can expect a movie channel from them.Then about Sports-Actually now there is no competitor for Star in Sports(Sony is a lazy player).So post merger the new company can launch sports channels and aquire rights with the help of Reliance easily.Also if Discovery joins them TV 18 may break deal with History and FYI(partially a Disney property) and they may rejoin Star Family.D sports should shut down IMO and another brand should be introduced like 'CBS Sports' etc.
No discovery merge is postponed. CBS had eyes on discovery there were also rumer that discovery and CBS had talks but now CBS and Viacom merge being confirmed there is no official announcement from discovery

No discovery merge is postponed. CBS had eyes on discovery there were also rumer that discovery and CBS had talks but now CBS and Viacom merge being confirmed there is no official announcement from discovery
Ok I don't know bro.But all I said are probabilities👍

It is not necessary that channels get rights of all the movies produced by its subsidiary production studio. Fox-Star having long standing relation with 21st Century Fox is just a coincidence and mainly bcoz desired money was paid.

Right now Sony has first output deal with Warner Bros studio and Zee has the same with Sony Pictures. These things keep changing and there is no set rule. Lot of permutations and combinations also come into play if we

Actually Reliance and Star share close bond, currently they jointly run ISL.. Also Jio gets special access to most of Star properties and even Colors Cineplex rents some movies from Star Library . They may be rivals but bitterness is not present. If Viacom18 indeed launches sports channel or has DSport as partner then rather than having competition to Star Sports we might see it being an extended destination for some of the joint properties.

If in future all big network will be merge!! Like this Star+Zee+Sony+Viacom18 + CBS+Discovery+Sun TV+all other small networks.(it will be not going to happen)
That will be profitable for all.
And there should be only one TV channel company 😁😁
#Just Thought of mine

BREAKING NEWS :

After Viacom - CBS merger the large share holder and owner and controller of Both CBS and Viacom , Redstone keeps an eye on Discovery, Sony pictures and MGM.

CNBC has reported that they got information on which familiar people in this deal said that Redstone wants Sony pictures,MGM and discovery to be part of this merge so that future of Viacom is established.
CBS wants to get bigger, so it's thinking about a variety of mergers and buyouts

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock