viacom18 to launch new english movie channel colors studio

• Thread starter Aksgr
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 17
  • Views: Views 7,177
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well to be honest English Movie Channel space is already saturated, infact i see WB , &Flix shutting shop soon. WB is being continued by Turner just to make their bouquet presentable while Zee has deep pockets and they r pouring money into &Flix.

Issue is not that there aren't enough Hollywood or International Films to build up library of various channels but what majority of indian tv audience prefers to consume. Only popular action or kids movies get viewership and rest content finds no value. Also there r hardly 10 or 15 crore people who understand english language in our country and in that too fewer have fluency over it. It's all about market dynamics, just having 3rd largest english speaking market does not make us a mature market. Out of 130 crore this pie is miniscule and niche thus attracts limited advertisers too.

Lastly in our country even rich people are hesitant to spend money on tv budget hence channels like MN+, &Prive, Star Movies Select which ideally should have been more dependent on subscription revenue than ads , they struggle to survive and HBO which took the initiative of launching Premium ultimately was left on losing wicket thus exiting. No need to look west, even a country like Sri Lanka gets access to wide range of HBO channels while in 3rd largest english market HBO flagship channel is lying at bottom
Bro WBO is much better than times now network movie channels as of now

Bro WBO is much better than times now network movie channels as of now

Brother give HBO their proper space to run course and none of the competitors will be able to lead over them but in India that won't happen. HBO has cut down on acquisitions and has limited library, WB is largely concentrating on their in house studio stuff and running on low fuel.

Talking about Times Network Movie Channels, well yes they don't have first output deals with major studios thus do not get to premiere stuff first but can u question the fact that their presentation, packaging, distribution is way ahead than others. Also content wise too they air almost all big titles sooner or later.

In my opinion Turner should give Star the mantle to distribute their channels otherwise they will continue to perform below par on rating chart. I have myself noticed their channels not being shown on cable networks bcoz agreement isn't signed or other broadcasters play foul and try to push them back.

Brother give HBO their proper space to run course and none of the competitors will be able to lead over them but in India that won't happen. HBO has cut down on acquisitions and has limited library, WB is largely concentrating on their in house studio stuff and running on low fuel.

Talking about Times Network Movie Channels, well yes they don't have first output deals with major studios thus do not get to premiere stuff first but can u question the fact that their presentation, packaging, distribution is way ahead than others. Also content wise too they air almost all big titles sooner or later.

In my opinion Turner should give Star the mantle to distribute their channels otherwise they will continue to perform below par on rating chart. I have myself noticed their channels not being shown on cable networks bcoz agreement isn't signed or other broadcasters play foul and try to push them back.
Times Network and Zee airs different content everyday. Meanwhile Star Movies and HBO airs almost same movies almost everyday. Star Network even speeds up to show more ads. Sony Pix needs to sort out timing properly for viewers. They air good movies at odd time. Enough with the Fast and the Furious movies already. We have already seen the movie throughout the week. We don't need to binge watch same on the weekend.

Times Network and Zee airs different content everyday. Meanwhile Star Movies and HBO airs almost same movies almost everyday. Star Network even speeds up to show more ads. Sony Pix needs to sort out timing properly for viewers. They air good movies at odd time. Enough with the Fast and the Furious movies already. We have already seen the movie throughout the week. We don't need to binge watch same on the weekend.
The painful truth is that Star Movies is the leader and the trendsetter. The biggest crowd-puller is the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and Star Movies has the rights to that, so it is the most popular channel. Sony Pix is not far behind with the FF series and other franchises. These movies are repeated continuously and other networks have no choice but to follow.

Sony has already shut down Le Plex HD as it did not find it viable to continue the channel not only due to the TRAI tariff changes but also due to the tastes of the Indian audience. It remains to be seen whether other premium HD movie channels will follow. We have already lost TCM, MGM and the foreign movie channels (UTV World Movies and Lumière Movies), not to mention HBO Defined and Hits HD.

Last edited:

Well they r not speeding up content bro, infact on all English Entertainment and Movie Channels u will notice slight speed up which is bcoz frame rates in which content is shot needs to be adjusted as per technical specifications prevalent in a country.

Let alone this, even when u see a bollywood movie song on tv and compare it to what u get to see in tbeatre then also tv version will appear faster. It's slight complex thing, will explain some other time. U can also google to understand why this happens

Well they r not speeding up content bro, infact on all English Entertainment and Movie Channels u will notice slight speed up which is bcoz frame rates in which content is shot needs to be adjusted as per technical specifications prevalent in a country.

Let alone this, even when u see a bollywood movie song on tv and compare it to what u get to see in tbeatre then also tv version will appear faster. It's slight complex thing, will explain some other time. U can also google to understand why this happens
Back as a kid. Home Alone 2's audio and video were in sync. Suddenly it's not. Tell me what frequency changed. Even Comedy Central is speeding up Friends. I stopped buying movie channels. From now one would stop buying English GEC's too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock