• Thread starter Aksgr
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 17
  • Views: Views 7,128
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aksgr

Reaction score
Viacom 18 will soon launch 24×7 English movie channel colors studio. Trade mark was rigesterd long back. Viacom Inc will provide the library from its channel Nickelodeon and Paramount network. It will include English short films by Indian and international creators.
Official announcement to come very soon after MIB approval

Source

Source

Can we believe it?
I have newer posted fake news.
You will hear the announcement soon.
Still no official have confirmed but Viacom inc programming chief said they are eager to launch movie channel in India as India is the 3rd largest Hollywood market just after US and UK

Colors studio is their content house. You can see it at the end of most shows on Colors (Laado 2, Bepanah, Roop)

Now don't believe in this news also .. he'll say his brother work in Tv18 :ok2: As per trademark registration we can't believe in your news :no2:
My brother works for TV 18. I can confirm this new channel may or may not come.

Last edited:
Now don't believe in this news also .. he'll say his brother work in Tv18 :ok2: As per trademark registration we can't believe in your news :no2:
No my brother did not confirm it . close this thread if this is fake.

Well to be honest English Movie Channel space is already saturated, infact i see WB , &Flix shutting shop soon. WB is being continued by Turner just to make their bouquet presentable while Zee has deep pockets and they r pouring money into &Flix.

Issue is not that there aren't enough Hollywood or International Films to build up library of various channels but what majority of indian tv audience prefers to consume. Only popular action or kids movies get viewership and rest content finds no value. Also there r hardly 10 or 15 crore people who understand english language in our country and in that too fewer have fluency over it. It's all about market dynamics, just having 3rd largest english speaking market does not make us a mature market. Out of 130 crore this pie is miniscule and niche thus attracts limited advertisers too.

Lastly in our country even rich people are hesitant to spend money on tv budget hence channels like MN+, &Prive, Star Movies Select which ideally should have been more dependent on subscription revenue than ads , they struggle to survive and HBO which took the initiative of launching Premium ultimately was left on losing wicket thus exiting. No need to look west, even a country like Sri Lanka gets access to wide range of HBO channels while in 3rd largest english market HBO flagship channel is lying at bottom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock