Videocon D2H HD DVR Download ID 60 Released!

nanacyi said:
I have a new DVR STB box purchased few days ago with download ID 57,they told this is the latest model (manufacture date july 2013) , dont know if he is telling the truth - CS has no idea about the latest model

I have two queries:
1.Is Download ID 60 really better than 57?
2.Can Customer support update the software remotely or how does it work?

Thanks

Is it 1000GB DVR? That is the current DVR available on market from quite sometime.

1. You won't find any changes between both version as the update is only with bug fixes which will make the DVR run smoother.

2. They update software on DVR STB using Pen drive, not through OTA.

Bapun Raz said:
Is it 1000GB DVR? That is the current DVR available on market from quite sometime.

1. You won't find any changes between both version as the update is only with bug fixes which will make the DVR run smoother.

2. They update software on DVR STB using Pen drive, not through OTA.

Hey,Thanks for your reply

Yes its 1000GB DVR but manufature date july 2013 - did they gave me outdated box?

Till now I found it terrible,too slow switching between channels and menu guide is horrible - is that the same with you? and will update really help??

One more thing will i have to do the update manually as the engineer who came to instlal had no knowledge about all these things and CS is clueless as well :wall

nanacyi said:
Hey,Thanks for your reply

Yes its 1000GB DVR but manufature date july 2013 - did they gave me outdated box?

Till now I found it terrible,too slow switching between channels and menu guide is horrible - is that the same with you? and will update really help??

One more thing will i have to do the update manually as the engineer who came to instlal had no knowledge about all these things and CS is clueless as well :wall

They still sell this box but you got old manufactured. I think the hardware is same with current box.

I even tried this STB (but with 500GB HDD) with both 57 & 60 download id software and faced these errors. Every DVR users of D2H faced this situation, but no good model DVR came from d2h till now. DVR is failure model in d2h. So you have to adjust with it or upgrade to 4K STB, i upgrade cost is 5,000rs. But you can go for any other company STB in that money.

You have to do the software update with your own risk. Incase it failed to load the software during installation, your STB will be dead. If you want good software then only option is to for any Tata Sky or Airtel Digital TV STB. It has far better software and all updates are pushed by OTA, no need to call engineers to update your STB Software.

Bapun Raz said:
They still sell this box but you got old manufactured. I think the hardware is same with current box.

I even tried this STB (but with 500GB HDD) with both 57 & 60 download id software and faced these errors. Every DVR users of D2H faced this situation, but no good model DVR came from d2h till now. DVR is failure model in d2h. So you have to adjust with it or upgrade to 4K STB, i upgrade cost is 5,000rs. But you can go for any other company STB in that money.

You have to do the software update with your own risk. Incase it failed to load the software during installation, your STB will be dead. If you want good software then only option is to for any Tata Sky or Airtel Digital TV STB. It has far better software and all updates are pushed by OTA, no need to call engineers to update your STB Software.

Thanks

"upgrade to 4K STB"

does 4K STB have recording facility and hard disk?if not then whats the use to pay 5k for nothing ? we can simply go for normal HD box - correct me if I am wrong?

nanacyi said:
Thanks

"upgrade to 4K STB"

does 4K STB have recording facility and hard disk?if not then whats the use to pay 5k for nothing ? we can simply go for normal HD box - correct me if I am wrong?

No, it doesn't have HDD inbuilt. But it has software made by Cisco which TS & ADTV uses. I suggested you, so that you will get rid of crappy and slowish software. There is no way to downgrade HD DVR to HD/SD STB, for that you have to buy a new connection again.

Can someone help me ? I'm new to this and I don't know how to manually update the software for my 500GB HD DVR. Currently the Download ID is 23 and I just download the Download ID : 60.
A step by step procedure would be really helpful ! Thanks

But how I update the software manually i download the version & transfer the file to pendrive & already connect the pendrive to 4614DVR box after that no update done automatically I think some switches must operate after the pendrive connection are you know that.

But how I update the software manually i download the version & transfer the file to pendrive & already connect the pendrive to 4614DVR box after that no update done automatically I think some switches must operate after the pendrive connection are you know that.
You need to press power button until the STB start downloading the firmware from Pen drive.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock