Videocon D2h Signal not available

Reaction score
team,

I need your help with my videocond2h connection

Lets Start in Hindi

Mera pas Videocon d2h ka connection from last 8-9 year se tha but from last 4-5 saal se band kar rakha tha

Abhi 4-5 mahine pehle again chalu kiya
Signal Alingment sab kuch ok h even Signal strengthand quality above 80 % (Green colour) mein aata h but D2h home channels And kuch free and kuch pay channels aate h but main channel sony,Star,zee ke koi bhii channel random time par band ho jaate h mostly raat mein signal not available dikhate h but din mein beech beech mein aate h

I am electronics Engineer , mene sab tareke ke troubleshot kiya LNB change ,Dish Alingment,DTH Coaxial cable checked by multimeter that If I am getting 24v at LNB end ,sab karke dek leye and even STB ko khol ke acetone se saaf kiya but i cant able to address the problem, Customare Care se bhi contact kiya wo bole Humari side se sab thik h ,recharge ,channel package sab kuch OK h , also i reset multiple time SETTOP box but kuch huya nhi

I think ya to STB Hardware mein koi problem ho sakti also because bahut purana Standard STB model/firmware ho chuka h / ya fir Mere DTH card kharab ho gya joki Channels ko read nhi kar pa raha h.

Please help me.../ any idea how to troubleshoot ?

@nandurobin1988 bhai,Aap Hindi mein post kar rahe ho toh translation zaroori hai kyoonki hum sabhi members ko hindi nahi maloom hai.Is liye aap ka post ko English mein ek translation be dho,agar nahi diya tho moderators aap ka post delete kar denge.

TRANSLATION : Bro, Kindly give the translation of your post because everyone here doesn't know Hindi,if translation isn't given then your post will be deleted by MODs.

stb complaint ho tho, customer care call karke complaint register karo, engineer aake stb replace karega.

TRANSLATION : If STB is complaint then call CC & register complaint, Engineer will come and replace STB.

Last edited:
Guys ,I have old and very simple type of SD Settop box, it doesn't have any adapter, A smps supply is inbuilt fit in the box.

Also,how can power supply effect the signals,

1st.- if all channels are coming then power supply is ok.

2nd - if channel are not coming, I can see access free channel and adjust satellite management setting.

Also I checked coaxial voltage with multimeter at both STB end and lnb end both were around 24v.no voltage was getting dropped

I think the problem is other than power supply.

English translation of above issue

•••
team,

I have Videocon d2h connection from last 8-9 years ago but from last 4-5 years I was not using it.
Abhi 4-5 months back again
Signal Alingment is very good h Signal strength and quality above 80% (Green color) in a home but D2h home channels and some free channels and some channels, but main channel sony, star, zee ki nohi channel, random time par band I will not be able to comment directly on the signal but I will beech beech mein aate h

I am trying to troubleshoot the LNB change, Dish Alingment, DTH Coaxial cable, by multimeter that if I am getting 24v at LNB end, I have been able to do the same and even STB is able to open it but I cant enable to address the problem, contact with customare care, from the Humari side to the right, the channel package is very OK, also i reset multiple time SETTOP box but did not know

I suspect that there is no problem in STB hardware because there is also a reason for stating that the standard STB model / firmware is already in the DTH / DTH card but it will not be able to read the Channels.
Guys ,I have old and very simple type of SD Settop box, it doesn't have any adapter, A smps supply is inbuilt fit in the box.

Also,how can power supply effect the signals,

1st.- if all channels are coming then power supply is ok.

2nd - if channel are not coming, I can see access free channel and adjust satellite management setting.

Also I checked coaxial voltage with multimeter at both STB end and lnb end both were around 24v.no voltage was getting dropped

I think the problem is other than power supply.
--------------------------------------------------

english translation of my post

i havebeen using videocon d2h from last 8-9 year but from last 4-5 years i was not using it.

Now i opened the STB box and recharged it , I am facing Signal Not available problem at random time/day hours contiuously

By education and Work exposure I am electronics Engineer, i troubleshooted the issue as follows

Signal Alingment is also very good and Signal strength and quality above 80% (Green color) but all D2h home channels and some free channels and some of the pay channels are available but main channels of , Sony, Star, Zee broadcaster are not available at random time.I observed that STAR,ZEE,Sony channels come during day hours but after 07 pm these main channels goes down. I think there is excessive load on Central Transponder of videocon d2h during night hours

I am trying to troubleshoot the LNB change, Dish Alingment, DTH Coaxial cable, by multimeter that if I am getting 24v at LNB end, I have been able to do the same and i have cleaned STB by acetone but I cant enable to address the problem, i contacted with customare care, they told Ever thing is fine from our end, the channel package is very OK, also i reset multiple time SETTOP box but ...........

I suspect that there is no problem in STB hardware else that the standard STB model / firmware /dth card gone obsolute thats why it can read some channels and some time not.

please give me some idea that the isssue is with STB,LNB,Coaxial Cable,Videocond2h End or D2h card ??

Are you sure there arent any trees that have grown obstructing your dish n last four years ??? or a good wind speed may be making the tree/branches to obstruct at random time??Did you try refreshing the connection end of the cable at LNB? Was it idle and lying on terrace? Cable/coax structure could be damaged that is behaving differently as temperature changes?? Do you have a FTA receiver where you can feed in the problem TP and monitor if there is signal in that receiver? BTW, does your problem channels belong to a particular TP or random??
By increased user base, DTH'sTP will not be overloaded because there is no two way connection like internet. Satellite keeps splitting the signal, those who align pick it, otherwise it gets wasted while hitting the earth..

Thanks for your concern,

No trees,no wind, my dth is on terrace,

Also changed cables connector at both ends

Changed two working LnBs from a neighbour dth in my dish but not working ,

Signal strength / quality is very good.

Now please listen everybody
_----_---------------+----------------

My Settop box was almost 8 year old , I finally tried and changed Settop box with new model and with latest firmware and everything remain same, I cracked the issue.

The Settop box had old Firmware which was not able to read latest encrypted protocols thus can't decrypt with latest encryption/decrypting alogrithm.

Thanks for the support and please resolve this type of issue by enlightening required customers.

Hmm....Good you can watch TV now..
But the new question is --- Does the DTH operator change the encryption based on time of the day too???

--

Thanks for your concern,

No trees,no wind, my dth is on terrace,

Also changed cables connector at both ends

Changed two working LnBs from a neighbour dth in my dish but not working ,

Signal strength / quality is very good.

Now please listen everybody
_----_---------------+----------------

My Settop box was almost 8 year old , I finally tried and changed Settop box with new model and with latest firmware and everything remain same, I cracked the issue.

The Settop box had old Firmware which was not able to read latest encrypted protocols thus can't decrypt with latest encryption/decrypting alogrithm.

Thanks for the support and please resolve this type of issue by enlightening required customers.

When I viewed different encryption techniques which high number of bits in new Settop box I got that it might be the issue, also RS.600 was taken for swapping new Settop box , same issue I discussed with service centre guys , they told that this issue comes frequently due to incompatibility of old Settop box.

Also I googled deeply that different different channels broadcaster use different different techniques for encapsulation. That's why some channels comes and some not.

My connection was closed from last 3-4 years . I think there must a transition phase when they have changed new Settop box.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock