DDF Exclusive What's new on DDF v2.1 - Feature tour | Welcome to 2019!

• Thread starter Sagar
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 88
  • Views: Views 5,908
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sagar

Contributor
Reaction score
HELLO GUYS,

We are absolutely delighted to bring you a WHOLE NEW EXPERIENCE of browsing DDF. We are finally upgrading to the most awaited XenForo version 2.1. There are so many exciting features and we think you all would be as excited as us to browse DDF on the new platform. So, without much delay, let's get into WHAT'S NEW!!

1. Rounded Avatars:​

As you can see, the Avatar/DP is now rounded following the latest design standards. Time to setup some cool DPs :)

lJExd1k.jpg

2. Emoji Enhancements:​

Emojis will be suggested as you type. You just need to type ":" followed by the shortcut. For instance you can type ":smile", and all the emojis in relation to the smile will be suggested. Please see the screenshot.

AuMEUi4.gif

And there are a whole bunch of emojis to select from. So, type less and express more!!

QRcgqWk.gif

3. Reactions:​

Now Now Now, the BIG ONE and MUCH AWAITED. You can now react to the threads/post in a variety of ways.

XMZcdda.gif

On desktop, you just need to hover the mouse pointer over the Like and on mobile you would have to long touch the Like. No need to hide your emotion any longer, SHOW IT ALL!!!

4. Inline Spoilers:​

You can hide part of your post using this feature and only show when the member clicks on it. It's a cool way of hiding (But not hiding) few things Shhhhh!!!

Try it yourself. Insert -> Inline spoiler -> write something. See below.

LNw0fJ8.gif

5. Push Notifications:​

Now you can enable push notifications and get notified of watched threads even when you are not browsing DDF.

You just need to go to

Settings -> Your Account -> Preferences -> Push Notifications -> Enable Push Notifications -> Save. See below.

agsF2SM.gif

That's it, next time you get a reaction :) on your thread/post, you will get notified instantly as shown below. We used Chrome browser as an example.

kCsO41p.jpg

Ain't it COOL? We think IT IS !!!

6. Password Improvements:​

You can now click on Show to see your passwords, Of Course do this when no one is snooping behind you hehehehe!! See below.

M9TFfKgl.jpg

You can also check your password strength under Account settings -> Password and security as shown below.

GUZjVmM.jpg

71x6qQ3.jpg

7AfynSp.jpg

7. Post Level Sharing:​

You can share any post in the new version. You simply need to click on the "Share" button on top of your post and all the different ways of sharing will be
presented to you and you can choose one.

bWX6kHtl.jpg

For all those DDF lovers who would love to spread the word!!

8. Tables:​

Another BIGGY! Creating those big tables for Channel lists has never been easy! You can do it right on the website, without a need to perform those tedious spreadsheet job (We don't need you Microsoft and Google, Are you listening?)

xl0Knzgl.jpg

9. Bookmarks:​

Now you can bookmark anything on the website. Just click on the symbol beside share and create your bookmarks. See below.

Mk4ccuBl.jpg

And You can access your bookmarks anytime by going to the bookmarks menu through Settings -> Your account -> Bookmarks as shown below.

5ofL28H.jpg

So, there you have them. We hope you enjoyed reading this and will enjoy the new version. And please do not forget to post your questions or comments in the DDF Construction Discussion thread as usual. HAVE A GOOD ONE!!

Cheers,
Team DreamDTH

Super updates DDF Team. I'm not able to see my Likes count anymore which generally appears below the number of posts. What happened to that?

Team, i found this small issue

DDF.png

If u see, the reaction score is aligned properly but the number is coming down. This is in default theme. Other themes it is proper.

I'm not able to see my Likes count anymore which generally appears below the number of posts. What happened to that?
Fixified.😅

Team, i found this small issue

DDF.png

If u see, the reaction score is aligned properly but the number is coming down. This is in default theme. Other themes it is proper.
You've accidentally spotted a bug, looking into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock