Whats The Life Expectancy Of A Lnb?

abhinaba

Contributor
Reaction score
Whats The Life Expectancy Of A Lnb?

I had to have mine replaced today after only 27 months since last installation(the 1st one lasted 34 months since initial installation).

Technician told me that LNB's can last 1 year or 1 & half year - luck of the draw.
d87d8d5622284f847b97478fcdb52159.jpg

What i know is that it depends on how well waterproofed the cable connections to it are and how much it is affected (heate cycled) by reflected sunlight from the dish and how reflective that dish is. Expected life can be anything from 18 months upwards. Water ingress and excess heat shorten life drastically but around 4 to 5 years should be about average depending on quality of construction.

Any experiences?

I'm using dishtv old lnb ,sealed dishtv ..around 8 years now also its 100% perfect with 95% signal quality...

This time technician replaces my old lnb with WNC lnb(model name: FV8-P-I,B). By searching zauba I found it's import price is fixed @ ₹93/- only but Airtel charged me ₹160 for it. Same WNC model is also imported by dish tv, don't know what they charged for it. Dish tv also imports another model of WNC which is FB8-S54 but its import price is fixed @ ₹300/-. Any reason?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock