Seeking Help Which is best alternative to Tatasky

If cable is available in your area just go for it. And, when problem resolved came back to Tata Sky. It becomes very costly for you too go for any DTH. I will also recommend try for Hathaway cable if possible.
Airtel, DishTV, etc LCN are also not that well organized. Like Tata Sky & hathway has.
Never. :no: Airtel and Dish TV have all LCNs arranged neatly by genre within each regional language. TS dumps them together. In Telugu, the order of the first few channels is Gemini Movies -> Sakshi -> Zee Telugu -> Gemini TV -> Gemini Comedy -> Gemini Music -> ETV -> ETV AP -> Star Maa. It is very haphazard.
Also, there are big gaps in the LCN arrangement. In English movies, for instance, 371-375 are blank but 376-385 are nearly fully packed. In music, 834-854 are blank and in sports, 467-470, 478-482 and 487-491 are blank.

Last edited:
Never. :no: Airtel and Dish TV have all LCNs arranged neatly by genre within each regional language. TS dumps them together. In Telugu, the order of the first few channels is Gemini Movies -> Sakshi -> Zee Telugu -> Gemini TV -> Gemini Comedy -> Gemini Music -> ETV -> ETV AP -> Star Maa. It is very haphazard.
Also, there are big gaps in the LCN arrangement. In English movies, for instance, 371-375 are blank but 376-385 are nearly fully packed. In music, 834-854 are blank and in sports, 467-470, 478-482 and 487-491 are blank.
Couldn't agree more!!

Airtel is good for viewing, but they too have dispute with Turner and TV18 channels (no removal yet).
Airtel has already renewed it's contract with indiacast.

If you shift Tatasky to any other DTH due to channel blackout issues then what will you do if the same problem arise in the new dth? Because almost all dth and channel networks will make issues with their agreements for some days.(Only Sun Direct never made such issues till now. But I don't think SD can be an alternative to TS and satisfy you in all aspects.).So I suggest you to wait some more time.

I personally feel you should wait a little. Because the current situation is not good for either Sony or for Tata Sky. If they don't resolve their issue, both will loose subscribers.

Yes, the impact to Sony is direct, but if this last for more than couple of weeks, It will start impacting Tata Sky as well.

Both being reputed brands in their categories, most probably will come to agreement very soon.

Airtel dvr vs internet tv , which is best option??
HD DVR with 2 tuners has been discontinued by the company. Now for HD STB only 2 options are available:
1. Single tuner normal HD+ box is available. Now known as HD Media Player STB.
2. Internet TV, which is compatible with android apps like netflix amazon prime etc. Has a single tuner DTH capability and voice activated remote.

Go for Dish TV HD NXT box. U can use this box for Videocon as well as on Dish TV.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock