Which is the best dish for kerala ?

I'm from Kerala and using mypack99 with malayalam regional pack for 1yr.
To enable HD, using makemyhd pack and selected three malayalam HD channels. Additionally selected required SD version of MtvBeats and Sun Music and added to makemyhd pack.
  1. Mypack99 with Malayalam 1,805 / Annual = Rs. 150/Month
  2. Ala carte: MTV Beats, Sun Music : Rs. 17/Month
  3. MakemyHD(Asianet HD, Surya HD, Mazhavil HD, MTV Beats & Sun Music) : Rs. 30/Month
Total: 197/Month
Usually, I will change the Ala Carte item if required and subscribe hd version from makemyHD.

Sun Direct gives you about 10 sports channels, 7 kids channels, 12 infotainment channels, All(29)malayalam channels, 6 English movie channels, Almost all south channels, About 20 hindi Gec, movies, music channels(except starplus, zeetv, zee cinema, stargold) at just Rs 280/month cheap compared to others.
The major con of Sun is delay or missing some specific channel addition.It was mostly seen in Tamil, telugu etc. But IMO majority malayalee watch only sun vijay etc in tamil. Those channels are available.Currently Missing channels in tamil won't affect in kerala. A few more Malayalam channels are yet to come, you can check the available Malayalam channels in Sun. If you are satisfied with Malayalam channels available (can be checked in site)then no problem.
Base pack costs rs 230.

Last edited:
I am from Kochi, I having Videocon D2H HD, Airtel HD+ and Sundirect HD connection. Now a days I'm using Sundirect HD for the last one year. SD channel quality and sound quality little bit low compared other two. But most of the HD channels available in SunDirect especially 3 Malayalam HD channels and other popular HD channels with lowest rate package. My family and me is very happy with Sundirect HD.

hello, i am looking for an advice on DTH for use is my home @ Calicut, Kerala. Which is the most economical and reliable DTH available. I will be looking mostly for malayalam channels, hindi channels like start plus, zee tv, sony, english movies, cartoon network, discovery, national geography etc.

i heard that all DTH's are useless when there is rain? is this true?
Regarding rain, i have experience of Videocon D2H and Airtel, in Videocon, even for small rain, you will not get any channels while in Airtel if the rain intensity is very high then only channels go off, for picture quality, Videocon is way better in SD/HD from Airtel.

Regarding rain, i have experience of Videocon D2H and Airtel, in Videocon, even for small rain, you will not get any channels while in Airtel if the rain intensity is very high then only channels go off, for picture quality, Videocon is way better in SD/HD from Airtel.
I disagree with you on Videocon hd quality. By far Airtel is better both in hd as I have Airtel and my uncle has d2h, so I could compare and tell. I'm not so sure about SD channels as we dont watch it, but the quality on Videocon seemed okayish to me

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock