Why existing customer need to pay more?

Endgame

Contributor
Reaction score
Though I have posted this topic in GD (mentioned below), but no big responses. So created a new thread.​
Can anyone tell me why existing subscriber have to pay more than a new customer for 1 year duration packs? For example: 1 year Ultra pack + . access fee for existing subscriber is 7755 (5830+1925) . , but for a new customer by paying only 6570, can get the above +  . STB . . So  . STB price is effectively (-)1185. So why should existing customer go for 1 year term, they should have a new connection. .  . Also there is no need to maintain a particular subscriber ID (like mobile no.) and it's not mandatory to make a collection of STB & dish, one can always trash out old ones.
It's understandable that every company make some steps to attract new customers, but that doesn't mean company should forget existing customers. It's something similar to hire new employee with much bigger salary than the old performing employees. :angry
|Order Online Offer Details
Link Removed

Kalyan_1980 said:
To attract new customer to buy TataSky. All DTH companies are doing.

Agreed, so why shouldn't old customers (going for 1 year term) dump existing STB's and go for a new connection? Doing that they will be benefited by approx Rs. 1200 (for ultra  :hd ).

Pranab said:
Agreed, so why shouldn't old customers (going for 1 year term) dump existing STB's and go for a new connection? Doing that they will be benefited by approx Rs. 1200 (for ultra  :hd ).
Yes Pranab.. Your point is correct. The cost advantage being offered to the new customers can be given to old customers also as a token of gratitude for being a loyal customer.

Pranab said:
Though I have posted this topic in GD (mentioned below), but no big responses. So created a new thread.​
Can anyone tell me why existing subscriber have to pay more than a new customer for 1 year duration packs? For example: 1 year Ultra pack + . access fee for existing subscriber is 7755 (5830+1925) . , but for a new customer by paying only 6570, can get the above +  . STB . . So  . STB price is effectively (-)1185. So why should existing customer go for 1 year term, they should have a new connection. .  . Also there is no need to maintain a particular subscriber ID (like mobile no.) and it's not mandatory to make a collection of STB & dish, one can always trash out old ones.
It's understandable that every company make some steps to attract new customers, but that doesn't mean company should forget existing customers. It's something similar to hire new employee with much bigger salary than the old performing employees. :angry
|Order Online Offer Details
Link Removed

Have you contacted TS and shared this cost difference?

This happens in every service industry. Banks gives much better interest rates to new customers while old ones are charged at a higher rate. It's all gimmick to attract new customers.

iqbal008 said:
This happens in every service industry. Banks gives much better interest rates to new customers while old ones are charged at a higher rate. It's all gimmick to attract new customers.

In this case (in TS), We can always scrap our existing a/c (of course after balance is nil). We shouldn't recharge our a/c but should go for a new a/c (connection). Unlike bank a/c, we needn't to go to bank to close/open a/c (a big waste of time, lots a harassment, numbers of documentation and also to spend some extra money), but TS service engineer visit me at my own convenient time and we save/benefited by Rs 1200 (repeating).

End of the day, you need to decide and make wise decision. It's your hard earned money you spent. I think taking new connections frequently might help but cannot vision how far it will benefit us unless some one can planned out for a 5 years planning [emoji4]

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock