• Welcome to DreamDTH.com - an online community for the entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

    Please Register or Login yourself to ask a question, participate in a discussion.

Why WC not in 3D?

supermachi

Banned
Joined
2 Jan 2014
Messages
3,319
Reaction score
930
Why WC not in 3D?

Why Tata Sky not going to provide WC in 3D? But they are going to provide in 4k.
 

sagar.patnaik

Dream Shine
Joined
20 Nov 2014
Messages
949
Reaction score
198
supermachi said:
Why WC not in 3D?

Why Tata Sky not going to provide WC in 3D? But they are going to provide in 4k.
3D is dead, when it comes to broadcasting. Almost all 3D channels shut down or are about to be shut down.
 

rohank3

Registered
Joined
28 Dec 2012
Messages
405
Reaction score
169
3d is unavailable from broadcaster's end. So how can TS provide.
 

sagar.patnaik

Dream Shine
Joined
20 Nov 2014
Messages
949
Reaction score
198
supermachi said:
4k will also die because no content available
When HD started there was no content too all were showing upscaled content. 4K is a gradual progress from HD. You always start from zero the content will gradually be made. Already we have around 30 movies shot in 4K plus 4 Tv series. Many are being remastered in 4K by Sony. 4K is here to stay, you cannot let a child remain a child they ll grow to become adult. SD was infancy, HD was teenage and 4K is adult, next is 8K. Very fewTvs had 3D at that time plus you cannot watch 3D for long time people face headache watching a 2 Hr 3D movie.
 

shuknopata

Registered
Joined
21 Nov 2013
Messages
234
Reaction score
96
supermachi said:
Why WC not in 3D?

Why Tata Sky not going to provide WC in 3D? But they are going to provide in 4k.
If you are searching 3D related news then you will find that 3D is 99% dead. in US ESPN 3D is shut down, in UK Sky 3D, BBC 3D all switched off. FIFA broadcasted 2010 WC in 3D but not 2014 WC.

You only find 3D VOD movies channel now. 4K is now the future. And there is no reason 4K will follow 3D's path. because its just like SD to HD transformation, and if you are looking into all 2014 top tier mobile phone they all can shoot 4k video. its the start which 3D never had.

bandwidth and HDMI certification are the real issues for 4k content right now. Which will solve gradually.
 

sagar.patnaik

Dream Shine
Joined
20 Nov 2014
Messages
949
Reaction score
198
shuknopata said:
If you are searching 3D related news then you will find that 3D is 99% dead. in US ESPN 3D is shut down, in UK Sky 3D, BBC 3D all switched off. FIFA broadcasted 2010 WC in 3D but not 2014 WC.

You only find 3D VOD movies channel now. 4K is now the future. And there is no reason 4K will follow 3D's path. because its just like SD to HD transformation, and if you are looking into all 2014 top tier mobile phone they all can shoot 4k video. its the start which 3D never had.

bandwidth and HDMI certification are the real issues for 4k content right now. Which will solve gradually.
Issues are almost resolved by H.265 codec. HDMI 2.0 is the future. Standards have been defined they just needs to be stabilised which will happen in 4-5 years. We will see standardised equipments in the market in the later half of this year so expect 2016 to be the year when you can really go for 4K.
 

Sarkar

Dream Legend
Joined
1 Jun 2013
Messages
18,399
Reaction score
14,300
Big problem with 3D Tv is that most of the 3D TV requires 3D glass for viewers. Although glassless 3D TV exists but those are technological demonstration and has fairly low viewing angle.

It would be awesome if 3D and 4K can be combined then we will have 3D UHD(4K) TV :eek:hya
 
Joined
23 Dec 2014
Messages
5,610
Reaction score
1,067
Sarkar said:
Big problem with 3D Tv is that most of the 3D TV requires 3D glass for viewers. Although glassless 3D TV exists but those are technological demonstration and has fairly low viewing angle.

It would be awesome if 3D and 4K can be combined then we will have 3D UHD(4K) TV :eek:hya
good to see people think impossible ways
 

Sarkar

Dream Legend
Joined
1 Jun 2013
Messages
18,399
Reaction score
14,300
prateek1987 said:
good to see people think impossible ways
That's why we humans are dominant species on the face of earth

What you need is to believe that everything is achievable :tup
 
Top Bottom