Good News Zee Media to expand regional bouquet in Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana

Zee cinemalu is not a rebrand of Zee 24 gantalu. They are Telugu channels of different genres. The first one is a movie channel and the second one was a news channel that was shut down due the losses incurred by the broadcaster. I do not think Zee will restart Zee 24 gantalu. Rather they may go for Zee Music in Telugu

Last edited:
I don't think so that they ll launch news channel. If they launch then they must show some good contents & good distribution to all DTH & cable networks then only the can compit with other Kannada news channels otherwise it ll be tough to reach people. In my home my first preference is always only TV9 Kannada then public TV or Suvarna news.

Most of the regional zee news channels r hit, so kannada will b

Bro it's zee media which comprises network of news channels.(zee news,zee hindustan,zee 24 taas ,etc.)

So discuss about news channel not about entertainment/movies/music channel.

By the way @Appu guru , @Amit1079 , @zaxotes , @Shashank bros,
Do you think that zee will get succeed if they launch Kannada news channel. This market is too much crowded already with about 10+ channels.
I'm kinda sure that this would be a hit in Kannada News segment as it is currently over-flooded with gutter. There are no premier news channels in Kannada but there's lot of junk. Junk that is unbearable and irritating. I feel Dighvijay is better compared to other channels as its content is less nonsense. Raj News Kannada is surprisingly better as it focuses more on news, though viewership is less unlike other channels like Public TV which always bring in gimmicks to drag viewers. Suddi TV is a big bunch of nonsense, channel only built to defame Modi and BJP, no other agenda at all. However, Suddi TV's graphics are better than other channels. News 18 Kannada is doing a good job but is prone to nonsense sometimes. TV9 is an undisputed leader in the market though it broadcasts sh#t many times. Suvarna News used to be a quality oriented channel, I don't think it is now. Nobody beats an eye about remaining news channels in Kannada. Zee News is a proven success in Hindi and is known for quality oriented and news focused broadcast. This will click for sure in Karnataka, provided people need news. Unless it's entertainment and gimmicks they need from news channels, the gutter keeps flowing, nobody can stop it.

Last edited:
What about Telugu market.
zee already shut down the zee 24 ghantalu long back.
so, if they launch channel now will they get success?
what do you think
@Deepu Darling @Siva @telugurocks @RajKumar bros
I don't think that they will get success,because we have already 20+ news channels in telugu. So no need to launch more. Already some news channels ran in losses. Instead of launching news channel that zee should launch music channel to get success.

What about Telugu market.
zee already shut down the zee 24 ghantalu long back.
so, if they launch channel now will they get success?
what do you think
@Deepu Darling @Siva @telugurocks @RajKumar bros
Now telugu television market on neutral mode, no new channels. Big change should be happen either Quality wise or content wise. 90% not possible re-launching telugu news channel from zee.

I think they will mostly opt for TV9 acquisition. With this acquisition they can get leadership in 3 markets (Kannada,Telugu & gujarati)
They can either close zee 24 kalak or can convert it into gujrati business channel like CNBC Bazar.

For Tv9 marathi they can keep it as second news channel with rural focus as currently channel shows such news only.

Most benefit from this acquisition will be Tv9 Kannada,Tv9 Telugu where launching a channel is not an easy thing.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock