ZEE TAMIL to extend three of it's popular serials to weekends from June 23

To
Looks like it's a long term plan of zee which lead to the launch of saregamapa lil champs at 6:30, instead of the regular 7pm slot, and it didn't fill the 8:30pm slot vacated by dance Jodi dance. I think sun was unable to reach it's old zenith because of the stuff competition from zee tamil. Sun's primetime show nanadini lost its viewership considerably, despite being at no1, to sembaruti. This move will prevent the migration of sun TV audience to Vijay tv.
Tough competition between zee tamil and star vijay going to happen. Vijay tv will divert viewers to nonfiction shows like bigboss as well as zee tamil erode serial viewers from Sun tv and vijay tv. When colors tamil also joins the race its become tougher to sun tv if they don't do anything. Note that unlike previous years both zee and star are now equipped with bigger movies like mersal,bahubali,kaala,2.0,mahanati etc upto future play

Last edited:
Sun is planning to launch a second GEC in Tamil which might also eat up the viewership of sun TV .

After so many days, some TRP battle on Sunday. Theri Vs Mersal Vs Vijay Awards/Bigg Boss.

Zee Tamil cemented it's position at no2. Sun is losing its viewership to zee tamil ND Vijay.

Extension of fictional lineup in the weekend proved fruitful for Zee Tamil to combat star Vijay which is airing Bigg boss. Zee Tamil surpassed Star Vijay to become no 2 in Tamil GEC category

This move won't help Zee Tamil in anyway on Sunday Serials is the worst move and telecasting Serial everyday isnt a good move.

K TV tackled Bigg Boss Season by telecasting Big Heroes Super Hit movies from 7-10 PM everyday.

Zee Tamil HD should have followed the Same route everyday 11 PM movie should be advanced to 10 PM and in Weekends after Saregamapa at 8 PM if they telecast Movies that will be a good move.

Now K TV might again come up.
You're proved wrong.

You're proved wrong.

I said considering Bigg Boss to be strong as Season 1.

And K TV to come up with Super Hit movies of big heroes to compete with Bigg Boss.

This two thing isn't happened and may not happen hence Zee Tamil maintaining its TRP.

While it's once again becoming clear Sun Network underplaying with K TV to make their No.1 Spot safe and also it's clear they aren't competing anymore with Vijay TV & Zee Tamil via K TV.

My personal wish is Zee Tamil shouldn't telecast serials on all 7 days and I want and will be happy with one or two more movies on weekends.

Last edited:
@rishuboy Bro In Week 27 TRP ratings Zee Tamil lost 9963 impression points while K TV gains 9814,with Zee tamil dropping to No.3

Movies in genral does better than serials among Tamil viewers that trend won't change so easily but somewhat shaken by Zee Tamil and it's yet to settle down,let's see how it goes in the coming weeks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock