Breaking ZEE to acquire UTV Movies?

abhishek

Contributor
Reaction score
Hot on the heels of purchasing 9X Media, ZEE Entertainment Enterprises Limited is reportedly in talks to acquire UTV Movies.

According to Box Office India, the broadcasting giant has been in talks with UTV over the last couple of months and the deal is expected to be made public in early 2018.

With the acquisition, ZEE is expected to land the rights of some of UTV’s biggest productions over the years.

However, neither party has commented on the story as yet.

ZEE in talks to acquire UTV Movies?

• It is now Sony's turn to launch a Hindi HD movie channel like SG Select HD. Sony Max HD plays 40-50% South movies nowadays. :angry:

• Zee Action can shut down if UTV Action is purchased.
Being from south , i feel very irritated seeing those movies. But somewhere i read they have good viewership in hindi speaking areas!

It is now Sony's turn to launch a Hindi HD movie channel like SG Select HD. Sony Max HD plays 40-50% South movies nowadays.
Even Star Gold HD is good. Atleast it was earlier. They used to air great movies from around 2010ish that we might have missed. They keep a balance between commercial and critical cinema.
Not like Max who just air logic less, malasa movies with same story all the time. Sadly that's what the masses prefer :(

• It is now Sony's turn to launch a Hindi HD movie channel like SG Select HD. Sony Max HD plays 40-50% South movies nowadays. :angry:

• Zee Action can shut down if UTV Action is purchased.

I think Sony should launch second pay movie channel like &pictures, movies ok with only Bollywood movies.

Zee's all movie channels going good except zee action. I think they should convert it to channel similar to star gold select. They really have good movie library including premium movies.

Bdw,
How much channels will zee buy . With this 2 channels coming they'll be having total 8 sd movie channels & 2 HD. Though this deal is good as they'll get good movie library.

Star Gold HD has stopped showing South films completely. :cheers: But the problem is that its theme (graphics) is very old. Used since 2011.:wall:

Again a strategic move by ZEEL.Good if they acquire.Will make them more formidable in their offerings.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock