Good News ZEEL to launch &Privé HD 24 September

With the advent of 4K and new encoding standards and codecs, HD will become standard in few years time.
Some of the dth opearators like Sun DTH, Airtel are already offering HEVC boxes. HEVC codec is a far more superior codec compared to h.264, anyone downloading any Bluray rip with HEVC (H.265) will surely know what I am talking about. It is far superior in reducing size , without shedding any visible quality.

Regarding, &Prive HD, I am curious to know which / what kind of studios are they licensing from. Hope to see some quality stuff. MN+ and Star Movies Select show some quality stuff, but most of the times, they are new / mainstream movies. I hope &Prive HD shows some real vintage movies from the 50s or 60s......

The competition gets intense. The English premium HD movie market is booming like ever. It all started with HBO Hits/Defined HD. When Turner left the market all the others have come to take its position. Zee is the latest. Kudos to them for making the bold move and expanding the & brand when Star is bringing the curtains on its OK brand.

There will now be 11 English HD movie channels, which is the second-highest behind sports (12). 4 are premium channels. 6 of the 7 non-premium HD channels (except Romedy Now) mostly show blockbuster movies (superhero, action, etc.): HBO, Sony Pix, Star Movies, Movies Now, Zee Studio, MNX.

For a change DISHTV will add a channel (forced to) other than Shopping and Devotional Channels which are their USP. :devilish:

Unless an operator wills to downscale it

That is only if the broadcaster too allows downscaling

They probably, will be the first to add looking at their thirst to add more channels.
I expect Tata|sky, airtel ,Dish TV & d2h too add on launch date just like Zee 24 Kalak was added by all of them on launch date

d2h will add HD channels from only one network nowadays and that network is Zee. Expect others (maybe even Sun) to add Living Foodz HD.
BTW Sun Direct is very likely to add &privé HD as they have all English movie channels.

Last edited:
BTW @shantanu bro can you move the logo to the top left in your picture? As &pictures HD logo is big Zee keeps it at the top left because the name of the movie needs to be written below and it can often be long. As the &TV HD logo is small it can fit at the top right. :tup:
Though the actual logo position may be top right.

Last edited:
How I think the look would be:
5WZ5Ijl.png

d2h will add HD channels from only one network nowadays and that network is Zee. Expect others (maybe even Sun) to add Living Foodz HD.
BTW Sun Direct is very likely to add &privé HD as they have all English movie channels.
&Prive Deal has already been done with 4 operators TS, adtv, Dish & Sun & in talks with d2h

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock