Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

So since Disney-Star has started renewed movies from Eros i have noticed that B4U hindi movie channels have stopped airing movies from zee library....also Non Eros owned movies like Ye Hai Jalwa, No Problem have been aired on Zee Hindi Movie Channels (Ye Hai Jalwa, No Problem) even after their airing on Disney-Star Hindi Movie Channels

Now either Eros (B4U is their brand) will be having dual agreement with both zee and Disney-Star for movies if such movies get aired on both networks or zee is sharing these movies with Disney-Star which seems unlikely as 1stly they r competitors + recent major dispute over Zee pulling back from paying remaining amount to Disney-Star to get TV rights for ICC events after initially agreeing to it would also have lead to them not being at very cordial terms with each other.

As per my understanding of articles one has read about Zee in last 2 years there has been lot of issues within the company including financial difficulties so maybe they r reducing content acquisition cost hence decided to not enter exclusive movie output deals with certain banners/companies

Although chances r less but maybe both zee and Disney-Star have arrived at a consensus for resolving ICC rights payment issues on mutually acceptable terms rather than pursuing legal recourse for it and zee is sharing movies Free Of Cost as part of compensation.....this is my assumption and as i have stated that this seems extremely unlikely

Maybe Disney-Star will renew old Dharma Production movies spon
Eros almost dead like Fox/Star Studios, Zee huge movie library always through Pen, Shemaroo, B4U, Ultra, UTV. Also I don't see any Zee itself acquired south movies through original producers airing on Disney/Star Gold.
Now either Eros (B4U is their brand) will be having dual agreement with both zee and Disney-Star for movies if such movies get aired on both networks or zee is sharing these movies with Disney-Star which seems unlikely as 1stly they r competitors + recent major dispute over Zee pulling back from paying remaining amount to Disney-Star to get TV rights for ICC events after initially agreeing to it would also have lead to them not being at very cordial terms with each other.
IVY entertainment possibly takeover ownership of B4U networks, also B4U exclusive own these movies Zee just aired through syndication deal and next few months syndication with Star. who knows if Sony and Viacom18 offer better, these movies move there also. simple they will syndicate movies anywhere for business growth options.

I noticed that the South Indian films (of B4U library) recently renewed by Disney-Star from Zee haven't been aired on any of the B4U channels since the renewal. When these movies were with Zee, they used to air them almost everyday. Also the movies premiered on Sony aren't aired on B4U's channels.

I noticed that the South Indian films (of B4U library) recently renewed by Disney-Star from Zee haven't been aired on any of the B4U channels since the renewal. When these movies were with Zee, they used to air them almost everyday. Also the movies premiered on Sony aren't aired on B4U's channels.

Maybe Disney-Star entered exclusive partnership with Eros or could be the Eros has sold these movies to some 3rd party and Disney-Star has bought rights from them, saying so as these movies except Rowdy Rakshak r available on Ultra Filmy Parlour YouTube channel .....still unsure if satellite rights r still with Eros or does Iltra own it too.

Disney-Star has been renewing many bollywood movies from Ultra in last 3 years or so and since these renewed movies r now not airing on B4U Movie Channels hence there is some possibility of Eros having sold its rights to Ultra

Zee is still sharing other banner movies with B4U, Sony again might be sharing some movies if agreement is ongoing....Also i have noticed that Eros, Goldmines, Pen India, Ultra, Shemaroo etc. library companies might also be having some movie sharing deals amongst them for their TV + Digital Platforms

Eros almost dead like Fox/Star Studios, Zee huge movie library always through Pen, Shemaroo, B4U, Ultra, UTV. Also I don't see any Zee itself acquired south movies through original producers airing on Disney/Star Gold.
What r u saying bro ? Fox Star Studios still is running quite well compared to other big studios, just that they have been producing fewer movies in last few years but in coming future they have lots of movies lined up for release.

Zee has movie output deals with various banners and library companies so it does have quite a large bollywood movie library but so does Disney-Star now. Also these days many big producers too sell rights of their movies to Studios / Big Banners hence until agreement remains valid such movies remain with the same broadcaster which buys rights from them

IVY entertainment possibly takeover ownership of B4U networks, also B4U exclusive own these movies Zee just aired through syndication deal and next few months syndication with Star. who knows if Sony and Viacom18 offer better, these movies move there also. simple they will syndicate movies anywhere for business growth options.

No. Eros International had not been bought by any company until now. Also its owners have vast business not only in film industry but other sectors too....their revenue earning via syndication agreement or exclusive agreement for new or old movies with various broadcasters most likely would be quite good

What r u saying bro ? Fox Star Studios still is running quite well compared to other big studios, just that they have been producing fewer movies in last few years but in coming future they have lots of movies lined up for release.

Zee has movie output deals with various banners and library companies so it does have quite a large bollywood movie library but so does Disney-Star now. Also these days many big producers too sell rights of their movies to Studios / Big Banners hence until agreement remains valid such movies remain with the same broadcaster which buys rights from them
No. Eros International had not been bought by any company until now. Also its owners have vast business not only in film industry but other sectors too....their revenue earning via syndication agreement or exclusive agreement for new or old movies with various broadcasters most likely would be quite good
Eros alredy lost STX entertainment and year back they sold Indian movies huge Music assets to Sony music. don't surprise if Eros going to sold whole indian content produced and distribution library to companies like Reliance Jio, Sony, Shemaroo or IVY/B4U.

Beside B4U CEO also Director in IVY entertainment, probably IVY takeover B4U majority stakes with investment. Ivy doing wonderful job for B4U, else it's Goldmines, Aditya movies, RDC, RKD studios, Pen Studios monopoly with same partners.

Ivy Entertainment Holdings, a company with B4U Network CEO Ishan Saksena as a director, has made an investment of Rs 48 crore in its Indian motion picture unit Ivy Entertainment.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock