Breaking Republic TV Revamped with new Graphics

I’m sick and tired of almost every single English news channel using the Helvetica Condensed font, which is why I appreciate what Republic has done. Times Now was the original channel to use Helvetica Condensed, then ET Now, then CNN-IBN, which switched to Gotham when it became CNN-News18 (also used by CNBC-TV18).

Then India Today followed (used along with Gotham), and NewsX did the same as well. DD India uses the non-condensed version of Helvetica. At least NDTV 24x7 and Mirror Now use something else.

So all things considered this is a good step from Republic, as I’ve never seen this bottom ticker font before, even though I absolutely don’t like the channel otherwise. I wish Times Now, ET Now and India Today stop using Helvetica Condensed as it’s become too outdated and overused.

Last edited:
I’m sick and tired of almost every single English news channel using the Helvetica Condensed font, which is why I appreciate what Republic has done.

Interesting observation! In 2016, U.S. cable news network CNN launched its own font called CNN Sans for its on-screen lower third insert graphics. Indian channels should create their own unique proprietary fonts.

cnn-sans2.png

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock