Breaking 78th E Auction for MPEG 4 Slots

• Thread starter Thread starter Wasim Refaz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 10
  • Views Views: Views 1,741
So on 4th June New Channels will be added if any slots sold ?

If DD use all new 20 slots for private channels and some regional channels participate in MPEG 4 then popularity of MPEG 4 will increase.

If DD use all new 20 slots for private channels and some regional channels participate in MPEG 4 then popularity of MPEG 4 will increase.
Increasing slots will not increase popularity. The popularity of MPEG-4 will increase as the user base increases. Currently MPEG-2 is leading in User Base. And I think that as long as MPEG-2 remains, MPEG-4 will not gain popularity at any cost. Prasar bharati should discontinue Private channels from MPEG-2 and continue with only one TP and available only DD Channels. After this people will be forced to go to MPEG-4. Almost the whole world has left MPEG-2 platform and Prasar Bharati should also leave MPEG-2 as soon as possible.

Increasing slots will not increase popularity. The popularity of MPEG-4 will increase as the user base increases. Currently MPEG-2 is leading in User Base. And I think that as long as MPEG-2 remains, MPEG-4 will not gain popularity at any cost. Prasar bharati should discontinue Private channels from MPEG-2 and continue with only one TP and available only DD Channels. After this people will be forced to go to MPEG-4. Almost the whole world has left MPEG-2 platform and Prasar Bharati should also leave MPEG-2 as soon as possible.
(Offtopic)
But this should be with proper information & promotion on all DDFD channels and, provide a proper time frame or deadline for customers to upgrade their STBs.

My opinion is
Mpeg 2 -mtv beats,shemaroo marathibana
Mpeg4 -some religious channels or marathi ,up, gujrat based channels

Back
Top Bottom