• Replies: Replies 0
  • Views: Views 2,263

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
a-k-hangal.jpg

Yesteryear actor AK Hnagal died on Sunday morning at Asha Parekh hospital. He was 98. AK Hangal who was not in good state of health for quite sometime is admitted to Asha Parekh hospital after he fell down and suffered fracture on thigh bone. On investigation, doctors found that the veteran actor had breathing and other problems.

"My father died around 9 am The cause of death is mainly age-related and his lungs had also become weak and collapsed," Hangal's son Vijay, 76, told.

"My father was a spirited man....He kept fighting every time till his last breath," Vijay said, adding the funeral will be held at 1pm.

"It is a great shock and loss to his family, admirers and the entire film fraternity," said a family member at the actor's Santacruz residence.

According to medicals officials, the actor was on life support system for few days and was not responding to treatments.

The actor was unwell for many years and he also faced financial crisis. When his condition was highlighted, many film fraternities came forward and helped him financially.

AK Hangal lost his wife long back and he was survived by his son, Vijay.

Hangal who always portrayed a man of kind soul in films will always be remembered for his films like 'Sholay', 'Bawarchi', 'Aaina' and 'Namak Haram'. Hangal was last seen in a TV series, "Madhubala", in May.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock