CAN I USE SPLITTER IN DTH WIRE

• Thread starter Thread starter naviin0489
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 9
  • Views Views: Views 4,507

naviin0489

Reaction score
ACTUALLY I AM HAVING TWO D2H STB BOX BUT ONLY ANTENNA IS INSTALLED CAN I SPLIT THE WIRE FROM LNB USING SPLITTER IS THERE ANY LOSS OF SIGNAL. TO WATCH IN TWO TV'S ...

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

naviin0489 said:
ACTUALLY I AM HAVING TWO D2H STB BOX BUT ONLY ANTENNA IS INSTALLED CAN I SPLIT THE WIRE FROM LNB USING SPLITTER IS THERE ANY LOSS OF SIGNAL. TO WATCH IN TWO TV'S ...

I think the signal will be divided

It depends on the length of your wire. If the combined length is less than 50 yard then there will be no problem. In case of 50+ yard you have to be careful. Use best quality splitter.

ABCDEFGH said:
I think the signal will be divided

But i am going to watch only one stb at time is there any disturbances while watching channels .
i am not going to watch both tv at time ..

naviin0489 said:

If you watch / switch on one STB at a time there won't be any problem.
But if you watch both STBs simultaneously .. One of your STB may be get damaged. Reason is there --- It is little long to explain.

Better you change the LNB with a dual output and I believe that is the best option instead of using a splitter on a KU band LNB

apravu said:
If you watch / switch on one STB at a time there won't be any problem.
But if you watch both STBs simultaneously .. One of your STB may be get damaged. Reason is there --- It is little long to explain.

Better you change the LNB with a dual output and I believe that is the best option instead of using a splitter on a KU band LNB

Bro he want don't want dual lnb / other lnb :k & I use connector some times, no issue bro working fine,but some times only hanging:shy

I dont think STB will damage.

Yes, u can use splitter, and use both STB, but one at a time. :k

Both STBs wont work simulteneously. :k

Basically the signal is pre polarized Horizontally or vertically at the transponder. So the power converter in the STB switching over to 13-19 volts according to the polarity. Vertically polarized channels are working on 12 -13 volts and horizontal channels required 18-19 volts.

The LNB is looking for a steady 13 volt or 18 volt supply and a steady 22kHz tone. One receiver (STB) will always "win" means the receiver supplying 18 volts will win over the other. So in practically ( BUT Impractical:) ) you can watch simultaneously both H polarized channels or V polarized channels.

apravu said:
Basically the signal is pre polarized Horizontally or vertically at the transponder. So the power converter in the STB switching over to 13-19 volts according to the polarity. Vertically polarized channels are working on 12 -13 volts and horizontal channels required 18-19 volts.

The LNB is looking for a steady 13 volt or 18 volt supply and a steady 22kHz tone. One receiver (STB) will always "win" means the receiver supplying 18 volts will win over the other. So in practically ( BUT Impractical:) ) you can watch simultaneously both H polarized channels or V polarized channels.

ya, quite right and nice explanation :clap :)

Back
Top Bottom