Seeking Help Can we transfer money from one connection to another?

• Thread starter Thread starter Aayush Aggarwal
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 8
  • Views Views: Views 16,409
Reaction score
I have a tata sky connection since ages now, currently in temporary suspension mode. I'm having some balance in it. Can I transfer this amount into any other tata sky user's account?

I have a tata sky connection since ages now, currently in temporary suspension mode. I'm having some balance in it. Can I transfer this amount into any other tata sky user's account?
No that is not possible, I had asked the Tata sky CC executive the same question and he had said it was not possible. If the recharge was done recently it could be refunded back to the source but balance transfer facility isn't available.

Balance in Tata Sky account cannot be withdrawn or transferred, the only way to get that money back is by cancelling or surrendering the connection. After submitting cancellation request, the pending balance will be refunded to your bank account.

Balance in Tata Sky account cannot be withdrawn or transferred, the only way to get that money back is by cancelling or surrendering the connection. After submitting cancellation request, the pending balance will be refunded to your bank account.
How to surrender connection?

How to surrender connection?
Contact customer service, they will place a request for cancellation and a different team will contact you later regarding that. They don't take back set top box even on cancellation. Agents will suggest you to keep the connection without recharge or transfer ownership when you ask them to cancel it.

In cacellation, So basically, STB and dish and Vc become our property.

TS is just deactivating Subsciber account. hence they are providing refunds into bank account.

Trasnfer connection to someone else is best option, we can search buyer on Classified ads platform like O.L.X.
@Abhinav842 how simple is transfer of ownership as on today with latest policy of TS and TRAI

In cacellation, So basically, STB and dish and Vc become our property.

TS is just deactivating Subsciber account. hence they are providing refunds into bank account.

Trasnfer connection to someone else is best option, we can search buyer on Classified ads platform like O.L.X.
@Abhinav842 how simple is transfer of ownership as on today with latest policy of TS and TRAI
Ownership transfer is not difficult just maintain at least 1 day balance in account and follow these steps:

1. Download and fill properly this NOC form https://www.mytatasky.com/static-files/images/amc/TransferOwnership.pdf

2. Go to Home page > Click on Get Help > Select Account & Profile > Transfer my Account > Select reason for transfer > Download >

3. Now you will get an option to upload the document.

4. Upload the filled NOC form.

Once this is done, Tata Sky team will contact you. Relocation charges will be applicable, technician will remove STB, Dish etc. from your home and install it at new owner's address.

Last edited:
If we self do relocation or dismanteling then also Charges applicable?

Sometimes it happen that If shifted to Aprtment or Where MDU exist.
Or those with expert skill , can do installation, thus it may save some few hundred rupees

If we self do relocation or dismanteling then also Charges applicable?

Sometimes it happen that If shifted to Aprtment or Where MDU exist.
Or those with expert skill , can do installation, thus it may save some few hundred rupees
If address of the new owner is different than yours then relocation through Tata Sky is necessary because if you relocate yourself then the address in the system will not change.

Back
Top Bottom