Discussion Channels Pricing On - DPO Packs Vs Broadcaster Bouquets

Vadirocks

Industry Insider
Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Hey Guys!

Just Want To Share And Discuss The Channels Pricing On - DPO Packs Vs Broadcaster Bouquets!

We Knew That Some DPO Aka DTHs & MSOs Gives Channels DPO Packs In Lesser Price, Than What It's Fixed By The Broadcasters?

Do You Guys Have Any Idea How They Are Giving It?

Reducing DPO Pack Prices Won't Affect Their Income / Profits?

Please Share Your Thoughts And Findings,,,,

Last edited:
Hey Guys!

Just Want To Share And Discuss The Channels Pricing On - DPO Packs Vs Broadcaster Bouquets!

We Knew That Some DPO Aka DTHs & MSOs Gives Channels DPO Packs In Lesser Price, Than What It's Fixed By The Broadcasters?

Do You Guys Have Any Idea How They Are Giving It?

Reducing DPO Pack Prices Won't Affect Their Income / Profits?
I think fastway already provide max channels in 300/- with discount Rs .60/-

They can reduce NCF. On top of that, they have to pay broadcasters the DRP and ALC of bouquets and not the MRP. So is a bouquet is Rs 50, DRP would be Rs 40 (80% of MRP as 20% is distribution fee for DPOs). They can sell the bouquet anywhere b/w Rs 40 - Rs 50 as they wish.

Apart from that, there are more incentives based on penetration of channels, bouquets, etc usually around 10-15%, hence they probably get it even cheaper than DRP, so there's enough margin to give a discount if the DPO wants.

They can reduce NCF. On top of that, they have to pay broadcasters the DRP and ALC of bouquets and not the MRP. So is a bouquet is Rs 50, DRP would be Rs 40 (80% of MRP as 20% is distribution fee for DPOs). They can sell the bouquet anywhere b/w Rs 40 - Rs 50 as they wish.

Apart from that, there are more incentives based on penetration of channels, bouquets, etc usually around 10-15%, hence they probably get it even cheaper than DRP, so there's enough margin to give a discount if the DPO wants.

Good Finding Bro! Even I Thought Same But The DPOs Doing / Earning More Than That,

Even I Can Say It's Kind Of Loot! I'm Shell Shcoked Today After I Came To Knew Behind The Scenes Deal!

Good Finding Bro! Even I Thought Same But The DPOs Doing / Earning More Than That,

Even I Can Say It's Kind Of Loot! I'm Shell Shcoked Today After I Came To Knew Behind The Scenes Deal!

More discounts? Dirt-cheap bouquet rates? :unsure:

Ha Ha Ha Ha Guess

DPOs have a lot of power post NTO. If a DPO wants a signal of a channel they just need to give an intimation 30 days prior, the signal has to be given mandatorily under 'Must-Provide' clause. However, if a broadcaster wants its channel to be added on a platform, they have to end up paying the carriage fee or give discounts on bouquets, ALC, etc. :p

Each and every DPO has declared spare channel carrying capacity as '0' to get away with the 'Must-Carry' clause which is complementary to 'Must-Provide'. So they have complete freedom on what they want, and when they want. On top of that, RIO Amendments need not be signed by DPOs until existing RIO expires, so if a broadcaster makes an amendment in RIO, DPOs can ask for more benefits to push RIO Amendments.

That's why so many changes since 2019 are still not live on many DPOs.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock