Demand for separate Dogri channel on the model of DD Kashir

sathishgobi

Reaction score
A strong demand was today made for a separate and independent Dogri channel on the pattern of DD Kashir.

A delegation of Doordarshan Approved Drama Artists Association from Jammu led by senior Congress leader Gulchain Singh Charak andmet Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari and conveyed that more should be done for the people living in the Jammu region as most of the funds were diverted to DD Kashir Channel.

The delegation asserted that Jammu region, also known as Dogri region, has multiple languages, which were variations of Dogri like Gojri, Bhadarwahi, Kishtwari, Punjabi, Mirpuri, Poonchi and Muzaffarabadi.

The delegates said Kashir channel was set up with a mandate to send a message to different sections of people and asserted that a Dogri channel will serve that purpose better.

They also claimed that much infrastructure won't be required as it was already available with Doordarshan at its Jammu centre.

Charak also raised the issue of casual appointees in Doordarshan. They were appointed at a time when people were not prepared to work with Doordarshan because of militant’s threats. He said they are working on the same remuneration for past 20 years and must be at least given the status of temporary employees.

Source and Courtesy : Demand for separate Dogri channel | Business Standard

i also demand this channel....dd jammu was showing only 4--8 pm slot....i have dth connection but i had separate antenna for dd jammu for news in dogri...my grand father was used to watch news in dogri....it is very good if they start 24 hour channel for dogras and we will get it on DTH also

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock