FX orders second season of drama series ‘ Tyrant’

Dileep Kumar

Reaction score
MUMBAI: US cable network FX has ordered a 13-episode second season of the drama series ‘Tyrant’, from executive producer/showunner Howard Gordon, it was announced by the presidents of original programming for FX Networks and FX Productions Nick Grad and Eric Schrier.

Production of ‘Tyrant’ is scheduled to begin next year with the second season returning in the summer of 2015.

‘Tyrant’ tells the story of an unassuming American family drawn into the inner workings of a turbulent fictional Middle Eastern nation.

Bassam “Barry” Al-Fayeed, the younger son of the dictator of a war-torn nation, ends a self-imposed 20-year exile to return to his homeland, accompanied by his American wife and children, for his nephew’s wedding.

Barry’s reluctant homecoming leads to a dramatic clash of cultures as he is thrown back into the familial and national politics of his youth.

Grad said, “We’re so proud of Tyrant’s performance throughout its first season. Howard Gordon is one of the best and most successful producers in this business. His ability to combine intelligent, edge-of-your-seat storytelling with events from the current geopolitical climate is truly groundbreaking.

We look forward to seeing how Tyrant grows in season two.”
Gordon said, “Working with John Landgraf and his team at FX has been one of the most gratifying experiences of my career. I’m truly grateful for the chance to continue working with them on this challenging and exciting project.”

All 10 episodes from the first season of Tyrant are currently available on FX’s VOD platform FXNOW for authenticated subscribers of the network.

FX orders second season of drama series ‘ Tyrant’ | TelevisionPost.com

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock