Good News Hagemaru re-airing on Hungama from tomorrow!

• Thread starter Thread starter 0039808520e
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 7
  • Views Views: Views 736

0039808520e

Reaction score
I watched hungama channel after a while today and I saw an ad that hagemaru will be re-airing from tomorrow (26/08/2024) at 07:00 PM. The ad I saw showed the Tamil dub and it's seems there is a Telugu dub too. I think this dub is 2020 hungama version. It's very nostalgic to see hagemaru again on tv! I watched it long back in English on Pogo TV.

I don't know why mostly toons/anime re- airing
Probably has to do with TRP and heightened ad revenue channels gain from anime compared to other shows. Re-airing old anime will usually bring back old viewers who viewed these anime's when they were kids, now that they have grown up and are dealing with the frustrations of adulthood they might peek back into their childhood for relaxation (commenting on own experience lol).

Any chance an English dub would come out anywhere?
Unfortunately the English dub of hagemaru is considered lost media till this day. Only one can wonder whether if it exists in the archives of Warner Bros Discovery India (The current owner of Pogo TV).

Unfortunately the English dub of hagemaru is considered lost media till this day. Only one can wonder whether if it exists in the archives of Warner Bros Discovery India (The current owner of Pogo TV).
That's too bad. I only have the RAW Japanese files on me right now, no subs either. Would've loved to see the way it was aired back when it was on Pogo with the English dub.

That's too bad. I only have the RAW Japanese files on me right now, no subs either. Would've loved to see the way it was aired back when it was on Pogo with the English dub.
Hagemaru is considered one of the most obscure animes. So no wonder it has got no subs. It has not got enough popularity to get the attention of fan subbers/subbers. I have an idea! Why don't we DDF members write mails to Warner Bros Discovery India asking whether Hagemaru English dub is *atleast* available with them? I'm including the word atleast because TV networks have a habit of erasing/re-writing hard disks containing media which they deem historically unimportant or has less monetary value to them in the future. Who knows maybe our efforts will bring out something meaningful. Atleast we can be assured that the English dub is available with them and it's not really lost media. In the best possible case, Warner Bros Discovery India might re-air Hagemaru English dub due to popular demand. This is what happened with Shinchan in 2018. Hungama stopped airing Shinchan for a brief while in 2018-'19, a lot of viewers bombarded Hungama on their Facebook page to re-air Shinchan and that brought us to today where Hungama is called the "Shinchan channel" lol. But I have very little hopes in this stint because David Zaslav (the current President & CEO of Warner Bros Discovery International) is considered anti-animation by the wider community and he has done things to make these claims true like shutting down websites, YouTube and Facebook pages of Cartoon Network in various countries. Even https://www.pogo.tv/ is down!

Back
Top Bottom