Hathway takes MediaPro to TDSAT over parity issue

Reaction score
Hathway takes MediaPro to TDSAT over parity issue

MUMBAI: Even as content aggregator MediaPro is in the process of getting dismantled, Hathway Cable & Datacom has dragged it to the Telecom Disputes Settlement and Appellate Tribunal (TDSAT) over the issue of parity vis-à-vis vertically integrated multi-system operators (MSOs) like DEN Networks and Siti Cable.

The Rajan Raheja Group-owned MSO had filed the petition last week, confirmed a source close to the development. Accepting the petition, the TDSAT issued a notice to MediaPro asking it to file its reply within three weeks.

The matter has been posted for hearing on 30 May, the source added. Hathway in its petition contended that MediaPro discriminated against it by offering favourable price to its rivals like DEN and Siti Cable for digital addressable system (DAS) deals in Phases I and II.

The MSO pointed out that DEN and Siti Cable are vertically linked to Star India and Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd (ZEEL) respectively, the principal partners in MediaPro.

This, Hathway argued, made the field uneven as it had to pay more for procuring the same content compared to its competitors. It also said that the regulation is on its side as the TRAI’s DAS regulation stipulates that broadcasters provide content in a non-discriminatory manner.

The MSO has made a refund claim of Rs 70 crore (Rs 700 million) for the excess payment it had putatively made to MediaPro for Phase I and II deals. According to Hathway, the said amount is the excess payment it had made to the aggregator in comparison with DEN and Siti Cable.

It has pleaded that MediaPro be directed to deposit this amount with the tribunal till final orders since the content aggregator is getting split.

Hathway takes MediaPro to TDSAT over parity issue | TelevisionPost.com

Looks like Hathway is dishtv in cable who has problem with everybody. [emoji16] Hope it will be solved soon

dipayan said:
Looks like Hathway is dishtv in cable who has problem with everybody. [emoji16] Hope it will be solved soon

Not with everybody only with STAR.

Star is everywhere [emoji6].

BTW why do u exclude Zee ? Zee was Part of Mediapro also

Re: RE: Hathway takes MediaPro to TDSAT over parity issue

Anirudha Das said:
Media PRO is split now.

Read the news carefully. Case was against Media pro. Not against star or zee individually . Then why are u dragging star, not zee ?

dipayan said:
Read the news carefully. Case was against Media pro. Not against star or zee individually . Then why are u dragging star, not zee ?

I can only say Zee is in the wrong place at a wrong time.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock