Good News I bought this second hand but Vintage Extraordinary Tata Sky box

Shiv Verma

Always be Happy
News Columnist
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Recently I bought this second hand but Vintage Extraordinary Tata Sky box. I started thinking about collecting and preserving major Tata Sky boxes some months ago and see I got one. The photos will surely be a nostalgic rollercoaster in which you'll ride with happiness.

I got 2 remotes with this:- 1 White & 1 Black remote with ACTIVE button. Third one on the right is my actual remote. Sadly, white remote isn't working but thankfully, STB can recognise both black remotes.

I have got time now to turn it on and post the pictures. Don't worry, I will keep this updated whenever any change happens in terms of behaviour, software, signals, etc.

STB hasn't been turned on for almost 12 years. So a software update is needed.

When I inserted the antenna wire, STB gained some signals but not enough. Signal Quality is 0. Maybe Software Update will fix it.

That white box brings back memories of vacations I spent at my grandmother's villlage house where cable was not there. It came with white remote as well. This is where I found my true passion in the form of documentaries way back in mid 2000s. This is what gave me exposure to Fox History & Entertainment.

we upgraded this box 10 years ago
so no channel will work in this mpeg2 box

Only way is to change the entry point setting of the stb to latest frequency and see if it gets signal

Regards to software update I don’t think any update would’ve available for this box after it stopped distribution

Ah, what a throwback! I remember that the EPG used to cover the whole screen and the channel preview box was added only later. And there used to be a feature called A-Z Programs which was removed around 2010 or so. Thanks for this blast from the past! :cheers:

Only way is to change the entry point setting of the stb to latest frequency and see if it gets signal
After editing the entry point, Signal Quality is still 0 and Signal Strength is 194. I think relocation of dish is needed for this.
Regards to software update I don’t think any update would’ve available for this box after it stopped distribution
Tried to download new software but failed and there is definitely a software update available if we refer to this image. Steps to regain signals are also changed in this image.

What is the make of this box bro-Humax?

I had it on 2006... AFAIK it's MPEG2 STB...
So even after software update it may not get signals but can't say exactly...the signal bar is showing the power suply info of lnb, cable and tuner is fine...

These boxes were exchanged for free to us while tataplay migrated to MPEG4....

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock