India, China set to ink film co- production deal: I&B minister

Thakur

Banned
Reaction score
MUMBAI: Coinciding with Chinese president Xi Jinping’s visit to India, India and China will sign a movie co-production treaty tomorrow, Information and Broadcasting (I&B) minister Prakash Javadekar said.

“We have signed co-production treaties with nine countries. Tomorrow we will sign a co-production treaty with China,” Javadekar told reporters while addressing a press conference in Panaji.

Javadekar said countries that have inked co- production treaties with India will be invited for International Film Festival of India (IFFI) 2014, which will be held from 20 to 30 November in Goa.

The minister said that there would be special classes about the co-production treaty since it would bring new opportunities for Indian movie producers.

Meanwhile, the ministry has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Goa government that will make the state a permanent venue for the IFFI.

http://www.televisionpost.com/news/india-china-set-to-ink-film-co-production-deal-ib-minister/

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock