Is reliance better in SD clarity on HD box connection as they claim ?

• Thread starter Thread starter thilalangadi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 10
  • Views Views: Views 1,924

thilalangadi

Reaction score
Hi Reliance users,

I saw the website of RelianceDigital claiming that

"Reliance Digital TV's HD Set Top-Box comes with revolutionary technology that up-scales all 250 channels into HD like quality with video resolution of 1080p at 50 Hz. Your HD experience can go to the next level with the following channels that broadcast directly in HD"

how far is this statement true ? do anyone have technically experienced if this ? :u

Pl provide ur inputs

Note: Iam using a 46"LED with airtel HD connection where SD channels appear dull, if the above statement of reliance is technically true it solves my problem on clarity of SD channels

I have not yet experienced RDTV but there are many viewers on different forums who confirm that RDTV PQ is much better. Suggest you to go thru' old posts in RDTV section to check the details as this feature is available from many months. Also check & verify actual PQ before purchasing on big screen if possible.

Anyway you cannot buy RDTV HD Connection. They don't have stock for last 5 months. The CC response is they going to launch new type of HD STB with more features soon but they don't have idea when its going to happen.

As of my knowledge after merging with Sun Direct they stopped selling new connections.

Well Indeed I was an RDTV user till Sept'13, and my Experience in terms of PQ was awesome. They have unmatched PQ for both SD & HD Channels. But that's were all good things end..... If you are content with the existing Channels in there portfolio, then go ahead otherwise look for other alternative like Tata Sky or ADTV which are not far behind PQ.....

I was using Reliance Digital TV connection, one since 28th September' 2008 as SD subscriber and another from 12th October' 2010 as HD subscriber. The PQ and AQ of both SD & HD is awesome. And another thing is PQ and AQ of SD channels in HD STB is just mind blowing. I personally feel if they concentrate to add more and more HD channels than it will be great for both the subscriber and the service provider.

@samir,@duke Are they provide 5.1 audio for hd channel?

Kem Siva said:
@samir,@duke Are they provide 5.1 audio for hd channel?

No they Don't, and neither there Hardware or Software are very impressive :angry:angry:angry

If Reliance can invest in their business then surely we will find one more serious player in the market. Looking at their content & package offers, it seems that they are trying to give best possible at lowest price which is suitable for most viewers....:k

yes, I saw no online link available for new purchase of HD connection,maybe they are winding off / looking out for a serious buyer in this space

Since I work for an MNC telecom, I heard one year before SunDTH trying to acquire Reliance DTH business, there was a an US media Co(who competes my company in US) almost was nearing to sign-off buying reliance DTH, but final nego was stuck at difference of 400Cr (the US MNC offered 2900Cr best price, Ambani was ready for his least price 3300Cr). It stood there.
these were inside speculation, since I work with similar media MNC came to know :lol

sarube said:
Anyway you cannot buy RDTV HD Connection. They don't have stock for last 5 months. The CC response is they going to launch new type of HD STB with more features soon but they don't have idea when its going to happen.

As of my knowledge after merging with Sun Direct they stopped selling new connections.

Duke said:
Well Indeed I was an RDTV user till Sept'13, and my Experience in terms of PQ was awesome. They have unmatched PQ for both SD & HD Channels. But that's were all good things end..... If you are content with the existing Channels in there portfolio, then go ahead otherwise look for other alternative like Tata Sky or ADTV which are not far behind PQ.....

Duke said:
No they Don't, and neither there Hardware or Software are very impressive :angry:angry:angry

Considering your fisrt post, it is clearly known that you are a new player in this DTH field and it is understood that you are not satisfied on RDTVs existing channels portfolio and on the second post it seems that you are unsatisfied on their hardware and software also. But I say their HD and SD hardware is outstanding if you seriously compare with other player. And on software is concern, HD software is just awesome. SD software is little bit of slow which needs to be changed.

:) :hello

Back
Top Bottom