Manually Upgrade to Download ID 34 for STB RF-2244HD with SS

• Thread starter chp
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 19
  • Views: Views 13,368
watthead said:
Could you please tell me which Bluetooth dongle to buy for the stb.

I have not tried yet this feature.
I think any known band of Bluetooth USB dongle may work (as its not mentioned about specific brand of Bluetooth dongle in d2h smart remote app details page, however to use media share feature they recommended to buy HUB iball 4 Port Piano 44. So you can go for any brand available to you and hope it works.

When the update process is starting the Download ID is showing 25, so i aborted the update, in the screen shot it is showing as 34.

cba100 said:
When the update process is starting the Download ID is showing 25, so i aborted the update, in the screen shot it is showing as 34.

Do factory reset by remote and repeat the process.

chp said:
Do factory reset by remote and repeat the process.

The settop box was updated through OTA yesterday, with download id 25, but I already have download id 25,  when i updated manually from the file downloaded, it showed download ID 34. Its working, but the UI is black and white, and there is no improvement in channel switching, I tried with the very old BT Dongle, it got connected and played the song from my tab and  I am able to control the STB with Smart Remote app. since i have not subscribed to USB recording I am unable to use the media player.  Any way thank you for your reply,  looks good but a bit slow. Is it possible to mount the bin file in VM, if you have any input, i will be glad.

Hi all, glad to find such an useful community online.

Yesterday, my hd 2244-rf stb received an OTA software update and the download ID is now 34 with the connectivity options added. However, I'm having trouble connecting my Nexus 5 smartphone using a creative blue-tooth adapter as below :
http://www.amazon.com/Creative-CB2436-Bluetooth-USB-adapter/dp/B0009GBN6U

I'm able to pair the STB with my mobile normally but not from within the Smart remote App. Once the STB is listed and I click on it to connect, it just stays in there and says "connecting.." forever.

Am I missing something ?

Sorry but upgrading to this firmware ID34 I have lost Audio for my HD channels if anyone can please help.

eternitys said:
Sorry but upgrading to this firmware ID34 I have lost Audio for my HD channels if anyone can please help.

Factory reset stb hopefully problem will be resolved
I have 556b and manually update few receiver's and not facing any issue

This software is amazing

Very fast channel switching speed very good user interface and no lagg at all

Where can I download update ID 50 for d2h RF-2266? I am facing the problem - Unable to acquire frontend signal.

To update manually,.
1.Switch off settop box power supply
2. Press and hold small black button at the back side of Settop box.
3. Power on the stb.
4. Release the button when the stb light starts blinking ( grean pink red).

Now software update will be initiated....

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock