Nat Geo People launches in Denmark

Dileep Kumar

Reaction score
MUMBAI: Infotainment broadcaster National Geographic Channels International has announced the launch of Nat Geo People, a new TV channel that offers unfiltered, intimate access to inspiring stories of real people all over the world, in Denmark.

Nat Geo People is picked up by distributor, YouSee, and launched in their basic TV-package along with National Geographic Channel and Nat Geo Wild.

This ensures an immediate distribution of 720,000 Danish households, representing 30 per cent of the total viewing public.

Nat Geo People launched earlier this year in Turkey, Italy and Germany. It has a slight skew towards feminine viewers, and aims to complement the slightly male-skewed National Geographic Channel.

Fox International Channels Nordic MD Aase Ytreland said, “We are very proud to be able to launch Nat Geo People in Denmark. Nat Geo People rounds out our portfolio of linear and non-linear destinations from the National Geographic brand. Nat Geo People arrives as a natural extension for National Geographic, bringing viewers emotional and entertaining true stories of real people.

Our focus is on compelling characters who take you into riveting subcultures and on exhilarating adventures”.

Nat Geo People features stories of notable individuals and fascinating subcultures found across the globe through programmes like David Rocco’s Dolce Vita, where Italian chef David Rocco puts his unique style and passion for bringing interesting people and great food together in this remarkable series; ‘Food Lover’s Guide To The Planet’, about some of the world’s most delicious cuisines in the world; ‘Ladyboys’, focused on the connection between British expats and their ladyboy lovers in Thailand; ‘Hook, Line and Sisters’, about the experiences in Alaska of the sisters and female fishing duo Sierra and Memry who trek to a remote location to earn an entire year’s living in just three short months; and ‘Don’t Tell My Mother’, the series host by the French journalist Diego Buñuel, who ventures to dangerous and inaccessible countries as well as burgeoning megacities to offer an eye-opening encounter and insider look at life inside these amazingly diverse areas.

http://www.televisionpost.com/television/nat-geo-people-launches-in-denmark/

I may again go to Denmark again before December. I will try to watch.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock