New Rating system to be introduced for DTH of the Month threads

PowerStar

Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello everyone

This is a follow up to the previous announcement which was made in the DTH of the Month August 2023 thread. As we said before, we are here to brief about the New Method that we will be following in DOTM from coming months. The New Method is explained below.

The New Method will have 2 parts - Performance Ratings, Public Ratings.

Public Ratings (R1):
This is based on your votes. Each DTH will be given Public Ratings from 1 to 5, with 5 being the best score. The DTH which gets the highest votes gets 5 and so on.

Performance Ratings (R2):
The DDF team will analyse the performance of each DTH in that month and will give Performance Points to them based on their performance.

Points for each activity are as follows:
High Definition (HD) addition: +4
High Definition (HD) removal: -4
Standard Definition (SD) addition: +2
Standard Definition (SD) removal: -2
Other Financially Impacting Activities: ±1
Useful Weekly Offers: +0.5
Service channel addition/removal/offers: 0

After the Performance Points are calculated, each DTH will be given Performance Ratings from 1 to 5, with 5 being the best score.

Total Ratings = R1 + R2

The DTH which gets the highest Total Rating will be declared the winner.

Important Points to note:
1. If 2 DTH gets the same number of votes, the DTH which got higher R2 will be rated higher.

2. If 2 DTH gets the same Total Rating, the DTH which got higher R2 will be considered the winner.

Now let's consider last month's situation...

Performance Points for each DTH:

Tata Play

Added channels- 8x2 = 16
Dropped Channels- 0
Other Positive- 1
Other Negative- -2
Weekly offer- 2x0.5 = 1

Total- 16
Percentage- 28.57%

Airtel Digital TV

Added channels- 3x2 = 6
Dropped Channels- 5x2 = -10
Other Positive- 0
Other Negative- 0
Weekly offer- 0

Total: -4
Percentage- 0%

Total- 0
Percentage- 0%

Dish TV

Added channels- 1x2 and 3x4 = 14
Dropped Channels- 0
Other Positive- 0
Other Negative- 0
Weekly offer- 0

Total- 14
Percentage- 25%

D2h

Added channels- 1x2 and 4x4 = 18
Dropped Channels- 0
Other Positive- 0
Other Negative- 0
Weekly offer- 0

Total- 18
Percentage- 32.14%

DD Free Dish

Added channels- 4x2 = 8
Dropped Channels- 0
Other Positive- 0
Other Negative- 0
Weekly offer- 0

Total- 8
Percentage- 14.29%

Public Ratings (R1):
DTHVotes %R1
Tata Play38.35
Airtel Digital TV9.83
Dish TV6.82
D2h36.14
DD Free Dish4.51

Performance Ratings (R2):
DTHPoints %R2
Tata Play28.574
Airtel Digital TV01
Dish TV253
D2h32.145
DD Free Dish14.292

Total Ratings = R1+ R2
DTHRating
Tata Play9
Airtel Digital TV4
Dish TV5
d2h9
DD Free Dish3

Since TP and D2H got the same rating, as explained above, D2H with better R2 will be considered the winner. By this method, we believe the DTH that performed the best in a given month will have a fair chance to compete and win.

Regards,
Team DreamDTH

If you are open to feedbacks. I would suggest giving 2 points for addition of service channels as some of these are niche offering useful to viewers as we have limited option from broadcasters. Take Tata Play Hits TV, Airtel Korean TV or Tata Play Asomiya Monoronjan for example. And 3 points to special channels like Mumbai Film Festival HD. Removal of service channels deserves deduction of same points unless it's a special event channel.

If you are open to feedbacks. I would suggest giving 2 points for addition of service channels as some of these are niche offering useful to viewers as we have limited option from broadcasters. Take Tata Play Hits TV, Airtel Korean TV or Tata Play Asomiya Monoronjan for example. And 3 points to special channels like Mumbai Film Festival HD. Removal of service channels deserves deduction of same points unless it's a special event channel.

I Believe Team Is Referring Promo Channels! As Service Channel @PowerStar Please Confirm,

Because, It's Been Very Long, We Have Got A True Service Channel,

Rest Are Looks Very Good!

BTW! Fantastic Workings Kudos To Team

consider performance cumulative ranking also

Last edited:
We did think through this for quite some time before deciding on the non-inclusion of those in the points given by the Team. Service channels are usually expensive and only have Niche subscribers. If any member welcomes such additions or offers of such services, they can still express their support by voting to the respective operator for that. 50% of the poll weightage is still considered from the members' votes.

A change is needed. This rating system is not able to differentiate between quality and quantity.

My suggestion: SD channel should be divided into two parts

Addition of a SD channel(From Sony, Star, Zee, Viacom and Sun) - 2
Removal:- -2

Addition of a SD channel(Rest of all) - 1
Removal:- -1

Like today's DOTM January 2024, it happened that Dish TV added Sports18 2 and Sports18 3 but they removed Naaptol and Cinema TV, that is why they got 0 points. I think this rating system looks at all the channels from the same perspective which is not right. I would request you to think about this issue

A change is needed. This rating system is not able to differentiate between quality and quantity.

My suggestion: SD channel should be divided into two parts

Addition of a SD channel(From Sony, Star, Zee, Viacom and Sun) - 2
Removal:- -2

Addition of a SD channel(Rest of all) - 1
Removal:- -1

Like today's DOTM January 2024, it happened that Dish TV added Sports18 2 and Sports18 3 but they removed Naaptol and Cinema TV, that is why they got 0 points. I think this rating system looks at all the channels from the same perspective which is not right. I would request you to think about this issue
Every channel has a viewer base, some cater to niche categories while others to broad ones with much more demand and viewers. Although in above example it might be easy to determine 'quality', we won't be able to do that in future scenarios where let's say Investigation Discovery HD is removed for Star Sports HD.

The performance ratings are introduced to bring completely unbiased data purely based on numbers while also accounting for things like financially affecting activities.

What might be useful for me might not be of any use to another person. That's why 50% of poll weightage is from the members' votes, they can vote in favour of the service provider who added most useful and quality channels according to them.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock