New Solid Dish 6 feet C band

• Thread starter veejay
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 17
  • Views: Views 1,662

veejay

Reaction score
Hi Friends, Admin and Moderators.

After a long time, my wish came fulfilled. I have installed Solid 6 Feet C band dish antenna facing INTELSAT 17 66 Deg East. I mainly installed for getting free to air Tamil channels. I'm getting around 27 channels but kalaingar group only chitiram I'm getting so around 22 Tamil channels I'm getting. I'm going to fit one more LNB for GSAT 30 83 east C band in that 17 Tamil channels FTA. I have GT Media V8 UHD box. LNB is also Solid 5g 17 k model.

Cost wise is Rs.7000 plus gst 18% . Vendor is from Salem Mettur.

Regards,
Rajaraman V

Last edited:
Great hard work bro,but bass you have to fix as high wind will fly it away,kindly give full list of channels once install second LNB

Here is mine. Ensure that the base is solid and the join of 2 face plates at the bottom is exactly in the center. This will allow rain water to fall of instead of just collecting at the bottom and causing rust.
Had to paint some parts black to prevent rust. Coastal area is not good for this type of dish. Ordered from solid website.
This is my 4th C band dish. This gives me full channels on 83, 95, 68, 105. Using 12k dual polarity and 10k solid lnb.

Rest of the dish.

Last edited:
Thanks friends any other ways for fixing base if u have any ideas please share
Regards
Rajaraman,V

And I'm in rented house so I can't drill so without that any other ways please send
Regards
Rajaraman V

And I'm in rented house so I can't drill so without that any other ways please send
Regards
Rajaraman V
Use hollow or solid cinder blocks for making a base.
You will need 4 or 5 of these.
Join then with white cement so it's easy to remove when you relocate.
Use the 3 clamps that you got with the dish to secure the stand to this base. You would only need to drill into the cinderblocks not the roof.

The roof seems to have toilet tiles. Use sand below the base to avoid slippage.

Dear All.
Fitted successfully 2nd LNB also Around 6 Tamil FTA channels I'm getting. Pictures will post soon on Monday. So i have now Intelsat 17 66 east, GSAT 30 83 east and Airtel also using disq swtich connected that is also from Solid company.

Regards,
Rajaraman V

Last edited:
Dear members , kindly please provide channel list from all satellite that u have installed , will be help full for other those who want fta channels .

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock