New SOLID HDS2-3000 Full HD 1080P MPEG-4 DVB S2 HD PVR

RE: New SOLID HDS2-3000 Full HD 1080P MPEG-4 DVB S2 HD PVR

Is there any Software updates available for this STB from the manufacturer?
how to updated the Software, I think through USB.

Does it play video files through USB and is it able to play MP4, MKV with hd resolutions?

Want more information about its 3d capability.

Software for Solid HD S2 3000 can be updated through OTA (satellite update). USB update is also possible...

Yes it does play video files through USB and its also able to play MP4, MKV with hd resolutions.

It supports Anaglyph 3D. Anaglyph 3D is the name given to the stereoscopic 3D effect achieved by means of encoding each eye's image using filters of different (usually chromatically opposite) colors, typically red and cyan. Anaglyph 3D images contain two differently filtered colored images, one for each eye. When viewed through the "color coded" "anaglyph glasses", each of the two images reaches one eye, revealing an integrated stereoscopic image. The visual cortex of the brain fuses this into perception of a three dimensional scene or composition.

I would say there should not be any loopholes in its functionality w.r.t reception as the product is in its 3rd release or so.

Not sure if the update facility really works/available at present in case if we find some major functionality not working well, like playback slowing down if bit rate of movie clip is high.

I think Side-by-Side 3D videos ar much better than Anaglyph Red/Cyan 3D video.
But not sure if that would increase the cost of hardware.

Any how looks good value for money if It can support all these features flawless.

Reception and Ture HD output to screen, USB PVR, Playback of MKV,MP4 files with HD resolution 1920*1080

I would like to wait for more comments from other users.

if ur a high end satellite tracker interested in b*ss keys and cc cam, and budget is not an issue, go for openbox/ dreambox... Solid is a basic entry model... thanks..

Hi Biswajith,
what are the accessories you got with the box?

Standard AV Cable, Remote, user manual but no HDMI cable!!.
One has to shell another 350-700 rupees to buy a good HDMI cable.

I bought this at Purohit in SP road in Bangalore Price 2500 net ( 6 month warranty)

Box plays most of the file formats mkv, MP4.
Recording is good and one can keep a channel recording and watch other channels within the TP.

So far noticed that DTS Audio codec is not supported and Side by Side 3d video files are not playing I can only hear Audio from the file.

HDMI output works well but while in Video Playlist menu, navigating from one file to other there is huge noise and stops when preview starts.

This is not happening when connected with AV source.

Will check with some other LCD with HDMI port in it, not sure if some issue in my TV set.

I liked the functions Provided for 2500 rs

Can you suggest me some C band LNB which I can use with this box?

The box is able to record in Toshiba Canvio 3.0 500GB External USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive ( Rs 4200 net) and which is NTFS formatted.
along with USB sticks.

Hope FTA DTH viewing will pickup in India by end of this year and we can get more HD channels and Boxes with features loaded.

HI expert, I have one question,
There is no much more difference in SOLID HD2-2100 & this box.
Can we upgrade or 2100 box with these 3000 hd software ?? ( I think only different in playback media format It play mkv,avi.... while 2100 box play only mp3 and jpeg file format)

I guess its not only software, but there must be some advanced version of video processing chips and internal memory must have got improved in new 3000v of the STB.

Even 3000v box is missing few features like we can not test the signal by entering PID of audio and video channels.

It has no options to scan DVBS, DVB-s2 separately,
Most of the scan functions use automatic settings and reduces user effort.
Like no need to enter FEC, modulation ( PSK, 8QPSK etc).

I am trying to setup Diseqc switch with an old tata sky dish and Videocon D2H but getting only one signal at a time.
May be I have to connect the D2H signal directly instead of taking it from D2H STB.

Signals from both LNB are detected if I connect the strings directly to Diseqc switch.

Dear members,
I want to test a KU band FTA HD channel on this box which Settallite I should tune in to ?

where we can download the latest .abs file for update for this box?
I request all members. please share the link for HD S2 3000 box software .
please.
thanks

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock