DTH updates Popular TV removed from DD Free Dish

On 14th June, I was watching TV and just changing channels. Then I got that Popular TV showing same ads as Pear TV showed. I examined it for one day and find out that this channel is just showing ads and nothing else. Popular TV got slot in R1(Kannada GEC) Genre, and according to Prasar Bharati guidelines a channel must show 60% content according to genre.
On 15th June, seen same ads and captured it's image. Then last time I shared about it here but this time I want to see they will remove it or this is just a coincidence. So I not share anywhere and just complaint about it on IBF and also written a email to IBF by taging Prasar Bharati officials. I got their email IDs from official PB website.
Then on 18th June, I got a message from IBF that Popular TV is not a member channel of IBF. So we can't do anything about it. They also asked me to register complaint on TARA (Complaint forum of Advertising Standards Council of India). But I not registered any complaint.
Then on 19th June, I got ASCI response through email. As I said earlier I not registered complaint on ASCI. But IBF India passed my complaint to ASCI. They said that "Please note that the advertisements appear to be of teleshopping genre. We would like to inform you that it is difficult for ASCI to process complaints against teleshopping advertisements as the concerned Advertisers are dubious companies/people in un-organised sector whose identity is not known or not revealed" but they also said that we will inform about it to Prasar Bharati.
And now on 26th June, The channel is being removed.

Proofs of complaint

On 14th June, I was watching TV and just changing channels. Then I got that Popular TV showing same ads as Pear TV showed. I examined it for one day and find out that this channel is just showing ads and nothing else. Popular TV got slot in R1(Kannada GEC) Genre, and according to Prasar Bharati guidelines a channel must show 60% content according to genre.
On 15th June, seen same ads and captured it's image. Then last time I shared about it here but this time I want to see they will remove it or this is just a coincidence. So I not share anywhere and just complaint about it on IBF and also written a email to IBF by taging Prasar Bharati officials. I got their email IDs from official PB website.
Then on 18th June, I got a message from IBF that Popular TV is not a member channel of IBF. So we can't do anything about it. They also asked me to register complaint on TARA (Complaint forum of Advertising Standards Council of India). But I not registered any complaint.
Then on 19th June, I got ASCI response through email. As I said earlier I not registered complaint on ASCI. But IBF India passed my complaint to ASCI. They said that "Please note that the advertisements appear to be of teleshopping genre. We would like to inform you that it is difficult for ASCI to process complaints against teleshopping advertisements as the concerned Advertisers are dubious companies/people in un-organised sector whose identity is not known or not revealed" but they also said that we will inform about it to Prasar Bharati.

Proofs of complaint
Best example of Jago grahak Jago 👍

Proofs of complaint
Good 👍

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock