Reliance Digital TV fails to add new customers for 3rd straight quarter

• Thread starter Thread starter ShivRaj
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 10
  • Views Views: Views 1,935

ShivRaj

Contributor
Reaction score
At a time when direct-to-home (DTH) operators are aggressively adding new customers, Anil Ambani-controlled Reliance Communications’ DTH brand Reliance Digital TV has proved to be an exception.
Bucking the trend, Reliance Digital TV’s subscriber base has remained stuck at 5 million for the third straight quarter. This translates to less than 6% share of the DTH market in India.
Reliance Digital TV had touched the milestone of 5 million customers in December-end 2016. Since then it has failed to add any new subscribers.
Reliance Digital TV’s peers like Airtel Digital, Dish TV and Videocon d2h added 256,000, 249,000 and 230,000 net subscribers respectively during the quarter ended 30 September 2016.
Reliance Communications is planning to hive off Reliance Digital TV to pare debt.
Reliance Digital TV provides more than 300 channels to its customers, besides offering other value-added services. The DTH service is available at nearly 37,350 outlets across 5,650 cities in the country.
The telecom operator has leveraged its retail and distribution reach, as well as other elements of infrastructure such as wireless network to expand its DTH presence.

Reliance Digital TV fails to add new customers for 3rd straight quarter | TelevisionPost.com

It maybe possible Jio buy this.

But now day Reliance digital TV providing worst service due to Removal of channels

I agree that rdtv not showing intrest towards their dth service but they kept adding some channels.i am happy with it's package, so can't say that it's a worst dth service...
What about sundirect,they fully concentrating towards south india but other dth services much ahead of them as far as south indian channels are concerns....

prashant shridhar said:
I agree that rdtv not showing intrest towards their dth service but they kept adding some channels.i am happy with it's package, so can't say that it's a worst dth service...
What about sundirect,they fully concentrating towards south india but other dth services much ahead of them as far as south indian channels are concerns....
Agreed bro

Sarkar said:
Why are you seeing Jio everywhere?

Why you are taking me wrong bro I'm just giving my view. Bcoz, now a days it's trending everywhere D2H DishTV merger and here, Reliance+Aircel+MTS that's why I assumed this nothing else. And, only Bada Bhai Jio can Save chota bhai RCom's RDTV.

But RDTV has added channels at least. Where as if you look at Sun Direct, they are not even adding new channels. RDTV is at least adding 2 to 3 new channels every alternate months.

hike said:
Why you are taking me wrong bro I'm just giving my view. Bcoz, now a days it's trending everywhere D2H DishTV merger and here, Reliance+Aircel+MTS that's why I assumed this nothing else. And, only Bada Bhai Jio can Save chota bhai RCom's RDTV.
If Bada Bhai has to fix everything then chota bhai should resign [emoji13]

Now RDTV taking a bit of effort to sustain their services. Because they called me to ask about 'why u r not recharging RDTV in the past one month',prior to this the situation is different.

Back
Top Bottom