Running program's name next to channel logo

• Thread starter Thread starter ato_tho
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 6
  • Views Views: Views 1,412

ato_tho

Reaction score
I just wanna ask why all indian channels write the currents program's name next to channel logo. I mean what's the point of that people can just press the info button and see the running program and also it looks so ugly especially most of indian channels have ugly and big logos already so writing the program's name makes it worse. P.S i have traveled to many countries around the world and no where i have seen this only in india.

EPG that shows program info is still not available on some channels on DTH and many channels on cable TV it is not shown.

I think it is also done keeping in mind local languages because EPG is in English where as channels can shown the running programs details on local language or original language which channel telecasts it's shows in.

In Hindi, Star Plus, SET, SAB TV and Colors alone do not write the name of the current programme. All the others do. However most of the regional channels don't. Only Star Maa, Star Pravah and Asianet do it.

In Hindi, Star Plus, SET, SAB TV and Colors alone do not write the name of the current programme. All the others do. However most of the regional channels don't. Only Star Maa, Star Pravah and Asianet do it.
I dont understand why even all sports channels are doing it i mean for a sports channel to do it is so stupid. It ruins the whole experience and looks so ugly especially when sports channels already have big and ugly logos.

^^ Exactly. Sports channel should not show the program name under the logo specially Star Sports channels.

It would be helpful for ppl using normal cable connection ... which doesn't have any interface except changing of channels thru remote

Back
Top Bottom