• Thread starter Thread starter ABCDEFGH
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 18
  • Views Views: Views 1,761

ABCDEFGH

Reaction score
Star Plus and Max regain leadership in Hindi GEC and movie genres

Hindi entertainment

Star Plus has regained its leadership among the Hindi general entertainment channels, pushing Colors back to No. 2 in Week 35. Meanwhile, Max reclaimed the No. 1 spot in the Hindi movie genre.

As per BARC data for the week ended 4 September, both Colors and Star Plus saw a fall in their respective viewership. However, Star Plus saw a marginal fall in its ratings as compared to Colors, giving Star the opportunity to regain its top position.

However, the gap between the two channels remained thin.

During the week, SAB was the only channel in the top five to see some gain in viewership. Apart from Star and Colors, Zee TV and Life OK also witnessed a marginal fall in their respective viewership.

Hindi-GECs-top-5-channel-week-35.jpg

Top five programmes

Seeing a week-on-week growth in viewership, Zee TV’s ‘Kumkum Bhagya’ continued to be the top-rated show.

The next two positions went to Colors for its shows ‘Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi’ and ‘Sasural Simar Ka’ respectively.

Star Plus managed to grab one position on the chart in Week 35. Its once top-rated show ‘Saath Nibhana Saathiya’ came fourth on the list. It displaced Colors’ ‘Udaan’ from the top five.

The fifth spot also went to Colors for its show ‘Swaragini’.

Hindi-top-5-Pro-week-35.jpg

Hindi movie channels

After a week of dominance, Zee Cinema slipped back to its No. 2 position in the Hindi movie genre as Max regained its leadership.

This could be attributed to a surge in Max’s ratings, while Zee Cinema was the only channel in the top three to see a drop in viewership.

Star Gold held on to its No. 3 position, witnessing a rise in viewership.

Hindi-movie-top-3-channel-week-35.jpg

Top five movies

The reason for Max’s growth can be seen from the list of the week’s top five movies, wherein the channel had four spots.

Neither Zee Cinema nor Star Gold managed to have a movie in the top five.

Max took the top two spots by showcasing ‘3 id*ots’ and ‘Yevadu’ respectively.

&pictures grabbed the third spot by showcasing ‘I’.

The fourth and fifth spots once again went to Max for its airing of ‘Sooryavansham’ and ‘America vs India’ respectively.

Hindi-movie-top-5-prog-week-35.jpg

Click Here For the Original Article

Rahulan Ratnarajah said:
Zee Cinema and & Pictures has the rights for ''I'' :huh

Yeah bro......... Both from same group - i.e. Zee Group. :tup

The difference between Star Plus & Colors Is so less

I am expecting a battle between them for the next few weeks

ABCDEFGH said:
The difference between Star Plus & Colors Is so less

I am expecting a battle between them for the next few weeks

Colors has 3 shows out of Top 5 ;:luv
Last week Colors pipped Star Plus ;:sp

It would be Tom & Jerry chase now ;
But i think Colors will stretch further up as Big Boss Season 9 would give the extra spice :lol

Rahulan Ratnarajah said:
But i think Colors will stretch further up as Big Boss Season 9 would give the extra spice :lol

Yes
When bb starts Colors will remain on top
But another news is: Star Plus is coming up with new show in October staring Amitabh Bachchan

Back
Top Bottom