Star World Premiere HD to premiere ‘The Strain’ on 19 July in India

• Thread starter Thread starter Basil
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 0
  • Views Views: Views 466

Basil

Contributor
Reaction score
MUMBAI: Star World Premiere HD is gearing up to premiere Guillermo del Toro’s vampire horror television series ‘The Strain’ on 19 July. The series, based on the novel trilogy of the same name by Chuck Hogan, will be aired on Saturdays at 9 pm on Star World Premiere HD.

del Toro, who is famous for ‘Hellboy’, ‘Pan’s Labyrinth’ and ‘Cronos’, has built his career on bringing fantasy and horror to reel life. He has created the series with Hogan and has a plan for a five-season run. del Toro talks about how the project almost didn’t make it to television and has now grown to become one of the year’s most anticipated new series.

It was a long and winding route to the screen that took five years for del Toro to create a bold, new vampire series for television. ‘House Of Cards’ star Corey Stoll has been tapped as the lead of the high-profile drama. “I supervise every single shot in the show,” said del Toro, who co-wrote and directed the pilot episode.

“I do the final color correction on every episode, I go to the Saturday unit when they’re shooting the monsters whenever I can and assist the guys shooting… I fiddle with the scripts… I want to be part of the whole thing.”

The channel has joined hands with Crossword Bookstores for an exclusive screening of the first episode of the the series on 17 July from 6.30 pm onwards.

Crossword Bookstores will play host to the first episode screening at one Crossword outlet across four cities – Mumbai, Bengaluru, Pune, and Chennai.

Read more at: Star World Premiere HD to premiere ‘The Strain’ on 19 July in India | TelevisionPost.com | TelevisionPost.com

Back
Top Bottom