StarPlus changed tagline to NayiSoch Dhoni, Virat, Ajinkya acknowledge their Moms!

• Thread starter Thread starter hike
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 6
  • Views Views: Views 3,655

hike

Television Genius
Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Star Plus changed its tagline from Rishta Wohi Soch Nayi to Nayi Soch M. S. Dhoni, Virat, Ajinkya Rahane acknowledge their Moms!
kUHY4NF.jpg

Promo 1 : https://youtu.be/FxE3o8crEes
Promo 2 : https://youtu.be/8s01uFzzMDE
Promo 3 : https://youtu.be/mz8tMqWQDXI

SarfaRaZ said:
What type tagline is this :u

Check out promo video through link given above!

Star Plus salutes Moms through Dhoni, Kohli and Ajinkya in promos

Mom’s are what make each one of us who we are. That’s something we all acknowledge in private, and sometimes in public. The Twenty First Century Corop subsidiary Star India has roped in India’s cricket superstars MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli and Ajinkya Rahane for a TV campaign for Star Plus in which the trio has dropped their surnames or their own names from their jerseys, replacing it with their respective mom’s names.

The campaign (part of the Nayi Soch initiative) – sure to warm the cockles of many an Indian heart and possibly bring a lump to our throats - rolled out on TV screens just as the one day series between India and the Kiwis commenced.

The intent: Star India says is to push forward the agenda for Indian women, something which it has been doing through its entertainment TV shows and promos. A press release issued by Star India says that the three promos are supported by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) and that it (as the Indian cricket team’s sponsor) along with the cricket board is seeking to break the stereotypical societal notions around lineage and identity and the role of women in all our lives.

In the promos, Dhoni, Virat and Ajinkya proudly acknowledge that they derive their identity as much from their mothers as their fathers.

“We at Star India are very happy to partner with the BCCI for an iconic brand initiative of Nayi Soch. Star Plus has been a lighthouse brand for women,” says Star India managing director Sanjay Gupta. “We have always put women first, told their stories and are now set to take it to the next level by challenging orthodoxy and stereotypes that come in the way of progress for women.”

In the MS Dhoni short film, a journalist questions him about the fact that he has put the name of Devki on his jersey. Dhoni responds with the usual calmness and smile on his face: “Main itne saal se, apne pita aka naam pahen raha tha, tab to aap ne kabhi nahin poocha, ki koi khaas vajaah.”

(“For so many years, I wore my father’s name on my jersey, you never asked me if there is a special occasion.”)

Ajinkya Rahane , in his film, says “Log kahante hain, baap ka naam roshan karo, lekin mere liye ma (Sujata) ka naam roshan karna itna hi important hain.”

(People say make your father proud and renowned, but for me making my mother proud and well known is as important)

The Virat Kohli film has him saying: “Aaj mein jo bhi hoon, Mummy ke vajaah se bhi hoon. To zaher si baat hain meri pehachaan bhi, sirf papa ke naam se kyon? Mein jitna Kohli hoon, utna Saroj bhi hoon.”

(Whatever I am today is because of my Mummy. Then the question is why I am known only by my father. I am as much a Saroj as I am a Kohli)

Star Plus salutes Moms through Dhoni, Kohli and Ajinkya in promos | Indian Television Dot Com

Yes seen the ad's on StarPlus :tup

Star-Plus-Nayi-Soch-creative-2.jpg

Mumbai: At Star Plus, the spotlight is on half a billion women of India. Today women are opening up endless possibilities for themselves and for generations to follow. And this movement is gathering speed. Star Plus, through its content, has been proudly associated with this movement and continues to push forward the agenda for women. Taking this legacy forward, Star India ushers in new thinking by questioning various societal stereotypes that hold women back, not just through its new shows but also through a brand initiative along with BCCI, as the Indian cricket team sponsor. As part of this initiative, Star Plus unveiled a TV campaign on October 16 during the India- New Zealand ODI series where the cricketing heroes play messengers of this ‘Nayi Soch’.

In the campaign, India’s cricket icons – Dhoni, Virat and Ajinkya proudly wear their mothers’ names on their jersey instead of their own names or father’s surnames, acknowledging the fact that one derives one’s identity as much from one’s mother as one’s father. However the stereotypical societal notions around lineage and identity fall short of acknowledging the role of women – a thought supported and celebrated by BCCI through this campaign as well.

The campaign is built around real life examples from the lives of these 3 cricketer icons, and the philosophy on how they are what they are, in large part because of their mothers.

Sanjay Gupta
Sanjay Gupta, Managing Director Star India says “We at Star India are very happy to partner with BCCI for an iconic brand initiative of “Nayi Soch”. Star Plus has been a lighthouse brand for women. We have always put women first, told their stories, and are now set to take it to the next level – by challenging orthodoxy and stereotypes that come in the way of progress for women.”

Here’s what our cricket icons say in the ‘Nayi Soch’ campaign. Captain cool Dhoni, replies in his usual calm demeanor, when questioned by a reporter, if there is a special occasion for wearing his mother’s name “Itne dino se main apne pita ka naam pehen raha, tab to aap ne kabhi nahi poocha ki koi khaas wajah”? Likewise Virat asserts, “Main jitna Kohli hu, utna Saroj bhi.” Ajinkya says, “Log kahte hai baap ka naam raushan karo, lekin mere liye Maa kaa naam bhi raushan karna utna hi important hai”.

Star Plus along with BCCI ushers in #NayiSoch brand initiative

Back
Top Bottom